Canadian singer Kris Wu was sentenced by a Beijing court today to 13 years in jail after being convicted on rape and other related charges.
Wu, also known as Wu Yifan, was arrested a year ago in China, where he embarked on a solo career in 2014 after leaving the K-pop group EXO. Following a criminal investigation in the district of Chaoyang, Wu was accused of raping three women.
According to Reuters, one of the accusers was an 18-year-old Chinese student who said that Wu plied her with alcohol when she was 17 to induce her, and other girls younger than 18, into having sex with him.
"Wu Yifan took advantage of three drunken women … at his home," the court found, according to Reuters.
The Canadian embassy in Beijing did not immediately respond to a Reuters request for comment.
At the time of his detention last year, Wu had endorsement deals with such brands as Bulgari, Lancome, Louis Vuitton and Porsche. The companies severed ties with the singer after his arrest.
- Married female nursery worker, 20, is jailed for 30 months for having sex with 13-year-old boy and having his baby
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer sentenced to 12.5 years for fatal shooting of unarmed 911 caller
- Man found guilty of stabbing his secret pregnant lover, 34, to death because he didn't want the baby has his conviction quashed after 13 YEARS in jail - after doubts were raised over Jim Beam can used to convict him
- Baton Rouge man whose rape conviction was overturned to taste freedom after nearly 46 years behind bars
- Couple are jailed for total of 25 years for raping woman they lured back to their flat with vodka and cocaine because they wanted a threesome
- 'Monster' policeman in charge of 'vulnerable kids' murdered and raped schoolgirl
- 1974 rape conviction tossed over evidence issues; attorneys seek man's immediate release
- Twisted lawn mower man raped DOGS, filmed naked kids through windows and repeatedly molested a blind woman, 91, while she slept - as he preyed upon a small country town
- Attorneys for Baton Rouge man serving life for brutal 1971 rape argue prosecutors got the wrong man
- Judge schedules hearing for Baton Rouge man whose 1974 rape conviction he threw out
- Married babysitter who had baby with boy, 13, is jailed for 30 months
- Cardinal Pell welcomes court’s dismissal of abuse conviction
- US Supreme Court blocks disclosure of Russia report material
- Utah tech CEO is sentenced to 210 days in jail and given a warning for downloading more than 13,000 files of child sexual abuse, rape and beastiality
- He spent 20 years in prison for murder. Then someone else confessed to the same crime
- Nursery worker, 17, who had baby with schoolboy, 13, and groomed him with free fish and chips found guilty
- Martin Shkreli's $2m Wu-Tang Clan album seized by federal court
- Married nursery worker who had baby with schoolboy, 13, after seducing him while babysitting is jailed
- Thousands vent on Twitter over Lori Loughlin's 'slap on wrist' two-month prison sentence for college bribery scandal and claim she suddenly switched to guilty plea to take advantage of covid pandemic
- Syrian ex-colonel denies torturing prisoners before German court
Singer Kris Wu Sentenced By Beijing Court To 13 Years On Rape Charges have 490 words, post on deadline.com at November 25, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.