EXCLUSIVE : U.S. film finance and production company Productivity Media Inc has entered an investment and first look distribution deal with Wind Sun Sky Entertainment, the Canada-based company led by former LucasFilm executive Catherine Winder , producer on Invincible, The Angry Birds Movie 1 & 2 and Star Wars: The Clone Wars .
The companies have entered into a partnership to co-produce and finance original film and TV content for the family and adult market. Winder will introduce the slate at this week's Content London, including new projects Sparrow and The Boy Sherlock .
Sparrow is a one-hour live-action drama from Marie Clements ( Red Snow ), the Canadian indigenous creator, writer director. The multi-part series charts how 21-year-old Indigenous smokejumper, Jett Wilds, is called upon by the spirits of thousands of Indigenous women to become the conduit for finishing their unresolved stories and igniting the supernatural gifts she's been harboring until now. As the individual spirits of these women come together to create a murmuration that release their story, Jett Wilds becomes The Sparrow . She begins her journey from a downtrodden and reluctant hero to avenging angel in the small dark and twisted town of Tinsel.
The Boy Sherlock is based on the YA book series by Canadian author Shane Peacock, which is produced by Catherine Winder, Navid McIlhargey, Lisa O'Brien and Factual Fiction's Tom and Emily Dalton, with Matt Cirulnik writing. Inspired by the book of the same name by Shane Peacock, the story combines the origin of a young Sherlock Holmes (as he deals with anti-Semitism) in uncovering a dangerous murder mystery that would become his first solved crime, and combines it with a mystery told in present day New York (to a young girl of color dealing with her own issues around exclusion).
The partnership with Wind Sun Sky marks the recent expansion of PMI, which has been active in film finance and production over the last few years.
PMI's recent releases include The Immaculate Room starring Emile Hirsch, Kate Bosworth, Ashley Green, and Unplugging starring Eva Longoria, Matt Walsh, and Lea Thompson. The company is currently in post-production on Borderline produced by Margot Robbie and starring Samara Weaving and Eric Dane; Queen Of Bones starring Martin Freeman, Julia Butters and Taylor Schilling; the Joel David Moore-directed Some Other Woman starring Amanda Crew, Tom Felton, and Ashley Greene; and Littlemouth starring Dennis Quaid and Isabelle Fuhrman.
"I am very excited to join forces with the Productivity Media family. This is going to be a wonderful partnership that brings great stories featuring inspired, leading talent to the marketplace," said Wind Sun Sky's Winder.
"We have long been admirers of Catherine and her world building expertise and are thrilled to expand our relationship by partnering with the innovative, highly creative team at Wind Sun Sky. Together we look forward to bringing a wide array of multi-platform stories to audiences worldwide," added PMI's William Santor.
- Apple Original Films reveals slate for 2022 and beyond
- Famke Janssen, Brett Gelman, Sharlto Copley & More Join Action-Thriller ‘Boy Kills World’ From Producer Sam Raimi
- George Clooney’s ‘The Boys In The Boat’ Adds ‘Cobra Kai’ Star Courtney Henggeler
- ‘Letterkenny’ Producer New Metric Media Hires COO & Comedy Exec
- Speakers Unveiled For Mip TV & Series Mania; Armoza ‘Drive Therapy’; Sky’s ‘Devils’ Trailer; ‘Race Against The Tide’ – Global Briefs
- Screen Media Parent Chicken Soup For The Soul Entertainment Acquires 1091 Pictures In $15.6M Indie Combo
- ‘Hair Love’ Producer Lion Forge Animation Ups Saxton Moore To VP Of Production, Hires Neely Shamam As VP Of Development
- Bill Vergos Upped To Head Of Digital Film Distribution At Byron Allen’s Freestyle Digital Media
- As WarnerMedia-Discovery Deal Nears Close, David Zaslav Shapes Up Executive Team With Eye On $3B Cost Savings Target
- SXSW: ‘Slash/Back’ Producers Announce Good Question Media Production Company (EXCLUSIVE)
- From Iñárritu To Elvis & Harry Styles To Frances McDormand: 30 Movies (And A TV Series) That Could Light Up Film Festivals In 2022
- The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to HBO, Hulu, Apple TV+ and More in March
- The 5 Best Live TV Streaming Services of 2022
- ‘Money Always Matters’: The Kardashians Tell All About Their New Reality TV Reign
- Lord Miller Appoints Lucy Kitada As EVP Film
- HBO Unveils First Trailer for ‘Minx,’ Starring Jake Johnson (TV News Roundup)
- ‘The Irishman’, ‘Once Upon A Time In Hollywood’ Lead Critics’ Choice Nominations; Netflix Dominates With 61 Noms In Movies And TV
- Inside EastEnders Fox family now - forgotten soap role, topless snaps and ditching fame
- Apple Sets Premiere Dates For ‘Cha Cha Real Smooth’ & Skydance’s ‘Luck’; Unveils Images From ‘Argylle’, ‘The Greatest Beer Run Ever’ & More
- Bafta recognises Steve McQueen's Small Axe series on West Indian migrants after 'So White' accusations
Productivity Media Teams With Former Lucasfilm Exec Catherine Winder For Film & TV Slate Including ‘The Boy Sherlock’ have 780 words, post on deadline.com at November 28, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.