Kanye West is trying to breathe new life into his Donda Academy — this time in a new, holier location, even though the school has all but crumbled.
Pastor Ronald Nagin of Cornerstone Christian Church tells TMZ he and Kanye have had 3 face-to-face meetings over the last month, and Ye expressed interest in leasing some of the church space in Northridge, CA — in L.A.’s San Fernando Valley — for the Donda Academy.
We're told Kanye believes CCC is an improvement from Donda’s old space in Chatsworth — where Ye reportedly relocated to last year. Prior to that, Donda Academy was operating out of Simi Valley.
As for what Ye likes about Cornerstone, Nagin says he likes the fact it offers a bigger space with more classrooms and a sanctuary. Worth noting … if Ye pulls the trigger on this, he'd only be utilizing a portion of the grounds — not all of the church property.
While Nagin notes this isn't a done deal yet, the wheels are in motion … because we're told Cornerstone's lawyers are drafting up a lease for Ye right now.
Kanye West’s Donda Academy May Shut Down, Teachers Quitting Over Antisemitism
It's not a one-way street of interest either … Nagin says the church views Donda Academy as a good fit for them too. We're told Kanye’s priority is providing good education in a Christian environment, which is right up the church’s alley, as Cornerstone has had many schools operate out of the church in the past.
Of course, the biggest issue — Kanye losing his students and teachers, who’ve recently fled for other programs. If he’s successful in locking down the new space, he’ll have to recruit a lot of new students, and convince the old ones to come back.
If you're wondering whether Kanye's recent bigoted and antisemitic comments are going to be a hindrance, the answer is no — Nagin tells us he considers Ye a good guy and a friend. He even swung by this week for service, separate from the negotiations over the would-be rental space.
It's interesting … word is, Donda Academy has been a bit of a bare-bones operation that's sometimes open, sometimes not amid Ye's erratic behavior — so, uprooting it again wouldn’t be as strange as it seems from the outside.
- Kylie Jenner Puts Herself Right In The Middle Of Kanye West's Twitter Drama
- Kanye West accuses Drake of threatening him, family — the feud is on
- Kanye West And Kim Kardashian Reportedly Having A Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West hire private firefighters to save mansion from Woolsey Fire
- Richton Park DJ sues Universal Music Group over unreleased Kanye West demos
- Kanye West reignites feud with Drake, claims rapper ‘threatened’ his family
- Lorde accuses Kanye West of stealing her floating stage idea
- Jay-Z addresses Kanye West's Trump support in new song
- Jay-Z and Kanye West Feud Back? Rapper Fires Shots at Donald Trump Supporter on Meek Mill Album ‘Championships’
- Drive-by shooting interrupts Tekashi 6ix9ine and Kanye West filming music video
- Kim Kardashian confirms Kanye West was ignorant about politics during pro-Trump rants
- Kanye West Slams Drake On Social Media: "Don’t Play With Me!"
- 'Homeless Jesus' sculpture finds temporary home at Messiah Lutheran Church in Fairview Park: A Place in the Sun
- How Warriors’ Jonnie West learned from Jerry West, while becoming his own man
- Community mourns loss of Northern New York church
- Alabama recruiters see “weaker” Pac-12 creating opportunity to strengthen the Crimson Tide’s foothold on the west coast
- Google Fi brings cheap wireless service to most iPhones and Android phones
- Mary Fancher honored by Rotary Club of Lakewood and Rocky River: West Shore Chatter
- McKinley Nominates Six From Northern Panhandle to Service Academies
- Even Before Kim and Kanye Used Them, California Was Trying to Rein in Private Firefighters
Kanye West Trying to Bring Back Donda Academy in L.A. Area Church have 647 words, post on www.tmz.com at November 30, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.