"I'm leaving Twitter, but 1st here's a cartoon I made with my friend Jimmy Hayward," Carrey said in a Tweet Tuesday.
"It's based on my painting of a crazy old Lighthouse Keeper, standing naked in a storm, summoning the angels and shining his lamp to guide us through a treacherous night. I love you all so much!"
As Carrey describes it, the cartoon features a bearded Lighthouse Keeper who sings a folky jingle as a storm hits his lighthouse.
In recent years, Carrey has been a prolific Twitter user sharing his artwork on the site, which has often been in the shape of political satire or social commentary. At the time of writing, Carrey had 18.9 million followers and only followed one person, his daughter, Jane Erin Carrey.
The Mask actor joins a raft of celebrities who have quit the platform since Elon Musk officially took control on October 28, including Stephen Fry and Whoopi Goldberg, who announced her departure on The View describing Musk's tenure as a mess.
A few hours before Carrey's parting message, American musician Moby said he would also be leaving the site, citing Musk's behavior and describing Twitter as a "cesspool of racism."
"This will be my last tweet. Last night @elonmusk posted an alt-right anti-Semitic meme, a fake @cnn story, and an image of guns on his bedside table. @Twitter has become a cesspool of racism, anti-semitism, disinformation, and dimwitted alt-right hate, and it's time to leave," he tweeted.
Controversially, earlier in the day, Twitter said it would no longer enforce a policy to combat misinformation about the Covid pandemic.
"Effective November 23, 2022, Twitter is no longer enforcing the COVID-19 misleading information policy," a note on Twitter's transparency pages read.
It's the latest change under new owner Elon Musk, who has vowed to take a more relaxed view toward speech on the platform.
- Jim Carrey's Latest Cartoon Saves The Planet -- From Donald Trump
- Jim Carrey Newest Cartoon Depicts 'Repugnant Oaf' Donald Trump, Calls President's Supporters a 'Sith'
- Ford will be ready if recession is coming, CEO Jim Hackett says
- The keeper of Minnesota's landmark lighthouse says goodbye after 36 years
- Ballpark developments aren’t so promising, economists say. But some cities disagree
- Foster families say DCF is failing them
- How John Constant's death became a 46-year-old unsolved murder mystery
- Cuban doctors say Maduro used them to tilt election
- Central Park Detective Retires With the Horse He Rode In On
- Julius Caesar Mussolini: The Italian Far-right Has a New Darling
- York lighthouse a beacon for full-moon photographers
- How a bromance between Jim Boeheim, Adam Weitsman created Syracuse’s most visible fan
- Pompeo demands that Maduro leave Venezuela amid the ‘horror and tragedy’
- 32-year-old construction firm to be liquidated, but no one will discuss why
- Joe Crozier: How he put Buffalo Sabres, Rochester Amerks on hockey map
- Years in the making: Meet more of New Jersey's veteran chefs
- Portland’s Gone Crazy Over Muji. So We Decided to Go Shopping.
- Cubans vote on a new constitution as government campaigns hard for approval
- These friends are on opposite sides, but share a deep love of history
- MIKE LOPRESTI: A hoops classic that never gets old—even after 60 years
Jim Carrey Says He’s Leaving Twitter And Shares New “Crazy Old Lighthouse Keeper” Cartoon have 571 words, post on deadline.com at November 30, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.