Jennifer Lopez 's social media blackout has been lifted with the performer-actress-producer announcing a new music project called This Is Me…Now.
The announcement comes on the 20 th anniversary of her album, This Is Me…Then , on which she wrote and produced.
Heralding a new era of music for Lopez, This Is Me…Now will chronicle the emotional, spiritual and psychological journey that she has taken over the past two decades. It is billed as being an emotionally raw and honest project, with a lineup of songs about her life and experiences. In addition, the autobiographical stories informed by the album will result in other very personal projects she'll be releasing in 2023.
This Is Me…Now will shine a spotlight on her tough childhood, unsuccessful relationships and the incredible emotional journey she has been on.
"This album is a philosophy, a reflection, a zeitgeist moment. It's about hope, faith and true love never dying," reads a press statement.
Lopez's last album came out eight years ago in 2014, A.K.A. . She has released singles and had her successful, Marry Me , film soundtrack this year.
As of this year, she has released eight studio albums, one remix album, three compilation albums, one soundtrack, one extended play, 65 singles (including 14 as a featured artist), five charity singles and 12 promotional singles. She has sold more than 80 million records with 15 billion streams worldwide.
Of the 13 singles on the new album are ditties such as "Dear Ben pt. II" and "Midnight Trip to Vegas" which is a nod to her marriage ceremony with Oscar winner Ben Affleck back in July. The original 2002 album has the song "Dear Ben" which is a ballad about Affleck, released when she was dating him back then.
Take a look at the announcement on her Instagram which recreates her 2002 album cover in 2022:
- Jennifer Lopez shoots down rumor of pole dancer double in stripper movie Hustlers on NBC talk show
- Jill Scott Celebrates Being 'Sistah Strong' With 20th Anniversary Tour: Exclusive
- Noel Gallagher said to be working on 'seismic' new album
- Harry Styles admits he cheated on Victoria’s Secret model ex-girlfriend Camille Rowe on his new album
- Taylor Swift’s new documentary Miss Americana will premiere at Sundance next month… and WILL feature music owned by Scooter Braun's company following bitter war
- Sundance Unveils Female-Powered Lineup Featuring Taylor Swift, Gloria Steinem, Abortion Road Trip Drama
- Sundance 2020: Premieres Shine With Taylor Swift Docu, Viggo Mortensen’s Directing Debut, New Dee Rees, The Go-Gos & Olivia Colman
- Drake’s progress: the making of a modern superstar
- Taylor Swift, Michael Jackson, Eminem Lead AMA Nominations
- 1989 and all that: Plastic People of the Universe and the Velvet Revolution
- She & Him Plot North American Holiday Tour
- Forget Cool Britannia – we should reclaim the subversive spirit of 1994
- Flaming Lips Join Forces With Deap Vally for ‘Deap Lips’ LP
- Lady Gaga dazzles in strapless silver metallic gown as she arrives to Grammy Awards red carpet... after already winning two early Grammys AND a BAFTA
- 2019 in books: what you'll be reading this year
- What Not to Miss to at Miami's Art Basel This Year
- Sundance 2020: Riley Keough, Robert Redford, Angelina Jolie, Bruce Lee Docu, Lena Waithe & LGBTQ+ Rights Pack U.S., World Cinema, NEXT, Midnight & Kids Slates
Jennifer Lopez Unveils New Music Project ‘This Is Me…Now’ On 20th Anniversary Of Her ‘This Is Me…Then’ Album have 539 words, post on deadline.com at November 25, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.