Mattingly previously served as senior White House correspondent covering the Biden administration. He previously was a congressional correspondent. He joined the network in 2015 and covered Republican candidates on the campaign trail, including Chris Christie, John Kasich, and Donald Trump. On the White House beat, he broke news including Biden's plans to sanction Vladimir Putin, details on a multinational effort to target Russian supply chains and developments on the president's OPEC negotiations.
Collins served as chief White House correspondent since the start of the Biden administration, but left the beat to serve as co-host of CNN This Morning along with Poppy Harlow and Don Lemon.
The network also promoted MJ Lee to senior White House correspondent, having started on the beat in 2021. She broke stories on the baby formula shortage, student loan debt forgiveness and public health emergencies. She joined the network in 2015 and was previously based in the New York bureau, and covered Elizabeth Warren's presidential campaign and later Biden's general election campaign and transition.
In addition, Priscilla Alvarez is moving to the White House team as a reporter. She will continue to cover immigration.
Arlette Saenz, Jasmine Wright, Jeremy Diamond, Kate Bennett and Kevin Liptak will continue to cover the White House along with CNN Digital.
- Press pass: CNN’s Acosta floors Trump, White House in court
- A scary portrait of life inside Trump's White House
- Melania Trump seen for first time since White House exit amid rumours of possible split
- White House is set to name new FDA chief in coming weeks as the acting commissioner's tenure comes to an end in November
- Steve Bannon is gone from the White House. Here's what you need to know about him
- Former White House official says secret Trump-Putin conversations might be hidden to save president embarrassment
- White House Proposes Tech 'Bill of Rights' to Limit AI Harms
- White House Briefly Goes on Lockdown as Protests Mount in D.C.
- White House defends Trump as 'counter-puncher' after he suggests late Michigan congressman in hell
- White House Official Says 'We're Not Going to Control' COVID-19 as Critics Say Trump 'Surrendered'
- Mark Meadows, White House Chief of Staff, Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Democrats will be 'disappointed' as party pares agenda - White House
- Obama reps custom women's soccer jersey after World Cup champs say they won't visit Trump's White House
- Rex Tillerson: White House 'plans to replace secretary of state'
- Grisham leaving as White House press secretary after holding no formal briefings
- State Dept official details White House meeting, shuffling of Ukraine portfolio in closed-door deposition
- White House Goes Dark As George Floyd Protests Boil Over
- White House rips Omarosa in blistering statement
- Trump's wiretapping claims are "insane" and former White House staffers are "pissed," former Obama aide said
- White House proposes tech 'bill of rights' to limit AI harms
CNN Taps Phil Mattingly As Chief White House Correspondent have 485 words, post on deadline.com at November 28, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.