Kanak came to Activist as a Literary Manager in October of 2018 and has since then helped to expand the company's literary and production department. In his new role, he will continue representing writers and directors, while packaging film and television projects that Activist produces. He continues to be based out of Activist's Los Angeles office, reporting to the company's Founding Partners.
"Jon has played a significant role in the growth of our film and literary business, whether securing opportunities for our diverse portfolio of clients in lucrative film and television deals or by working alongside our family office clients to expand their entertainment holdings," said Founding Partner Greg Suess. "We are committed to the expansion of this department under Jon's leadership."
"The past four years working alongside the partners at Activist have been incredibly rewarding," said Kanak. "I'm grateful for their faith in me and look forward to continuing to help the careers of our incredible clients at Activist."
Since joining Activist, Kanak has helped set up over eighteen scripted series and films that the company will produce, including A Soldier's Story at Sony Pictures Television and the John Allen Chau limited series at UCP. He was instrumental in Activist signing screenwriters Terry Rossio, Jeff Eastin and Bill Marsilii, as well as organizations like The Southern Poverty Law Center and Lion Forge Animation, and advised Rossio and Marsillii in their seven-figure spec sale for their feature Time Zone at Amazon. Kanak also produced the unscripted series Rhodes to the Top on TBS and helps the company represent All Elite Wrestling.
Founded in 2018, Activist also has offices in New York, Nashville, and Atlanta. More information on the firm can be found here .
- Jon M. Chu To Produce & In Talks To Direct Feature Take On YA Novel ‘Permanent Record’ For Warner Bros.
- ICM Partners Elevates Kevin Crotty and Sloan Harris to Co-Presidents in Management Shuffle
- Executive Turntable: New Heads at UMG's Eagle Rock and BMG Production Music, Moves at Republic and More
- Redefined How We Tell Stories on Television
- And we’re off! Early-bird voters brave the cold and rain to cast their ballots as Britain heads to the polls in the most crucial election in a generation
- UCLA School Of Theater, Film And Television Receives $10 Million Commitment
- Jon Hamm Hangs Up Don Draper’s Suit, Reflects on the Deepest, Darkest Role of His Career
- Greta Thunberg, too, needs a break; activist says she will be home for X'mas
- Why working-class actors are a disappearing breed
- Hong Kong phooey
- Jane Fonda
- ‘We’re still fighting that same fight’: how Spike Lee got his groove back with BlacKkKlansman
- In the name of the father
- Sorry to Bother You review – weirdo workplace satire may become a cult classic
- Arundhati Roy returns award in protest against religious intolerance in India
- The rise of Donald Glover: how he captured America
- Did Dickens invent Christmas? No, but he did reinvent the novel
- The 50 greatest arts videos on YouTube
- 'Peace is Power': Yoko Ono's works on show in Leipzig
- Benny and Josh Safdie on the Alternate History of
Activist Artists Management Elevates Jon Kanak To Head Of Film & Television Literary have 537 words, post on deadline.com at November 30, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.