Speaking at a preview press conference on Thursday, director Gaia Tridente said the meeting had registered a 12% rise in attendance this year with accreditations still open, although she did not give precise figures.
Prior to the Covid-19 pandemic, MIA welcomed 2,500 attendees in 2019, while there were 2,000 registered attendees in 2021 when travel was still restricted.
This year marks the inaugural edition for Tridente who was previously head of scripted at MIA.
Based around Rome's historic Barberini Palace and the nearby newly refurbished Barberini Cinema, the event spans a traditional market, co-production meetings and a conference.
Expected guests include Banijay CEO Marco Bassetti, Netflix EMEA TV boss Larry Tanz, Lionsgate TV Group president Sandra Stern and Fremantle COO and continental Europe CEO Andrea Scrosati as well as US film finance and sales vet Maren Olson and French film exec Cécile Gaget, who was recently industry appointed as head of film at studio Wild Bunch.
Basetti will participate in a panel looking at the international potential of the Italian audiovisual sector alongside Cinecittà CEO Nicola Maccanico and Rai president Marinella Soldi. Confirmation of Bassetti's presence comes hot on the heels of news that Banijay is set to expand further with the acquisition of Australian content powerhouse Beyond International.
Gaget will join TIFF CEO Cameron Bailey, French sales veteran Carole Baraton at Paris-based Charades, Italian distributor Andrea Occhipinti at Lucky Red, Netherlands distributor Marc Smit at Cinéart and Susan Wendt at TrustNordisk in a discussion on the landscape for film distribution.
Wild Sheep Content CEO Erik Barmack, Legendary Global partner Anne Thomopoulos, Upgrade Productions Matt Brodlie co-head and Studiocanal TV series managing director Francoise Guyonne will look at developments in localized and globalized content in a panel entitled "The Global Production Landscape. Time to Stop Saying "Foreign Language".
Sky Studios will be in the spotlight in an event entitled "Europe's Premium Storyteller: Inside Sky Studios". Sky Studios Vice President DeutschlandTobias Rosen, Director of Original Drama, UK & Ireland Meghan Lyvers, and Director Scripted Italian Sonia Rovai will talk about its original programming across Europe and how it is responding to changing viewer behaviour and increased competition.
Other company-focused events include "Tubi and the Rise of AVOD" in which Chief Content Officer Adam Lewinson, Chief Content Officer, and VP Content Acquisitions & Partnerships Sam Harowitz will share insights into the platform's original content strategy and co-production opportunities.
- Market Headstart: Nifty seen opening flat; CESC, Hero MotoCorp top buys
- Pope Benedict XVI announces resignation – as it happened
- China's semiconductor industry shifts into a higher gear, here's why
- On The Power And The Diminishing Returns Of “Indie”
- Analyst Calls: JB Chemicals,India Grid Trust, Titan, L&T Infotech
- Routes: SFO to Dublin + BA at PDX, Delta to Daxing, Qantas, United CRJ550s, AA, Frontier
- The Latest: Lithuania says UK must say if decision is final
- Buzz: ICC opens anti-corruption investigations into Qatar T10 League
- Prime Power: How Amazon squeezes the businesses behind its store
- Entire text of finance minister's Budget Speech
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 19
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 22
- Trump-Kim summit — which country has the strongest military in the region?
- The Best And Most Shocking Scenes From TV And Movies This Decade
- VW Will Build EVs At 16 Different Factories By Late 2022
- John Smith obituary
- The Hill's Morning Report — Trump and the new Israel-'squad' controversy
- 'Drugs and dead horses': US racing reels after Peta video broadside
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 18
- Rhea Ripley Talks Becoming the NXT Women's Champion and Defeating Shayna Baszler
Rome’s MIA Announces 12% Rise In Accreditations As International Audiovisual Market Gears Up For Return To Full Strength have 603 words, post on deadline.com at October 6, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.