The drama, currently unnamed, follows the prosecution of Nazi officials after World War II, the first time in history that people were held accountable for war crimes, exploring characters from all sides of the trials.
The series will be executive produced by Oliver Berben and Robert Kulzer for Constantin Film, Spotnitz and Emily Feller ( Leonardo, Medici, Trust Me, Ordinary Lies) for Big Light, and Ron Maxwell ( Gettysburg) along with Jeff Berg of Northside Services.
"This series is a real powerhouse," said Spotnitz. "It's an investigative mystery, a suspense thriller set both in a courtroom and on the global stage, and one of the most searing moral dramas imaginable. The characters and the issues all seem startlingly relevant and contemporary."
"On May 8, 1945, Nazi Germany unconditionally surrendered to the Allies, but the world remained in a state of unrest and global powerplay," said Robert Kulzer of Constantin Film. "Our show describes the intricate and multi-layered chess game how the United States took the reins on establishing the post-war power structure and how the Nuremberg Trials became the tipping point that signaled to the world that law and order will be restored."
Constantin Film was nominated for an Oscar for 2004 film Downfall , which covered the final hours and collapse of the Nazi regime. Most recently, It produced The Conference , a historically accurate drama about a meeting that was part of planning the Holocaust, which was awarded Best Feature Film at the 2022 New York Festivals and won the German Television Prize for Best TV Film and Best Screenplay Fiction.
Big Light is behind shows such as The Man in the High Castle for Prime Video and three seasons of Italian drama Medici for Rai and Netflix. It also has Hunted for the BBC and HBO and Ransom for CBS and more recently made Leonardo for Rai, France Télévisions, Sony and Amazon Prime Video UK, starring Aidan Turner and Freddie Highmore.
Big Light is represented by WME and attorney Jared Levine at Yorn Levine.
- Serbia’s Firefly Closes Deals Ahead of Sarajevo TV Awards, Ramps Up Studio Construction (EXCLUSIVE)
- 12 films that were axed and never released just like Batgirl
- Bästa Xbox Series X-spel: Titlarna du måste spela just nu
- TV’s Big Fantasy Gamble: ‘Lord of the Rings,’ ‘House of the Dragon,’ and the Battle to Claim the Next Blockbuster Franchise
- EXCLUSIVE: Batgirl actress Leslie Grace is seen for the first time in LA after 'awful' $90M film was SCRAPPED by Warner Bros
- SEAL Team's AJ Buckley shares peek at all-new location in season 6 first-look
- What's on TV this week–I Am Groot, Locke & Key, Resident Alien
- When ‘Moonlighting’ Turned Itself Into a Perfect Film Noir to Solve an Aging Crime
- Widows cast: Who's who from Viola Davis to Daniel Kaluuuya
- Imagen Awards Nominations: ‘Encanto’, Eugenio Derbez & ‘West Side Story’ Among Top Contenders
- Abuse of Visual Effects Artists Is Ruining the Movies
- How ‘Better Call Saul’ Recreated ‘Breaking Bad’s’ Most Iconic Set
- From 'Veep' to 'Vanderpump': The Best Television Episodes of 2014
- Best horror games: the scariest games to play right now
- What's new on Netflix and what's leaving in August 2022 | Digital Trends
- Willie Nelson’s Long Encore
- As His First Novel ‘Heat 2’ Hits Shelves, Michael Mann Shares Great Crime Stories
- Movies You Should See In Case You Didn't
- Anne Heche, a gifted actress whose Hollywood career came unstuck
- The Russian Filmmaker Trapped Between Hollywood and Moscow
‘Resident Evil’ Studio Constantin Film And Frank Spotnitz’s Big Light Productions Team For Nuremberg Trials Drama Series have 586 words, post on deadline.com at October 5, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.