EXCLUSIVE : eOne has struck a multi-year first-look deal with BAFTA-winning writer-director Paul Andrew Williams.
The deal will see Williams, who won a BAFTA for BBC Three single drama Murdered for Being Different, forge scripted TV shows for all platforms, working closely with Sharon Hughff , the newly-appointed eOne Creative Director, Scripted Television, UK.
Hughff said Williams is known for "striking, bold, character-driven dramas" and has "effortlessly moved between film and television winning many accolades along the way."
"His work is uncompromising, distinctive, and always has heart and integrity," she added. "Working with Paul is absolutely what eOne is about."
Williams was BAFTA nominated nearly 20 years ago as Most Promising Newcomer for film London to Brighton and has since gone on to work on a wealth of scripted projects including ITV 's Broadchurch , A Confession and, most recently, the Stephen Graham -starring The Walk-In , which is penned by his long-time collaborator Jeff Pope. He was also producer on James McAvoy-starring Irvine Welsh adaptation Filth.
Hasbro-owned eOne is looking to do more out the UK and signed Hughff from The Crown producer Left Bank earlier this year. It is producing Paramount+ UK flagship A Gentleman in Moscow, which stars Ewan McGregor.
Williams said: "I am extremely grateful to not only work with such an established and supportive company but to be working with one of the cleverest and most talented people in the industry in Sharon Hughff."
He is represented by Independent Talent Group and Echo Lake Entertainment.
- Prince Harry reveals he and Meghan Markle will only have TWO children to help save the planet (unlike William and Kate with three) - and says how 'unconscious bias' is causing racism in Britain in wife's Vogue
- How to renegotiate an outsourcing deal
- Liberate inks set-top box deal
- Microsoft wins battle for Boeing in war with AWS
- Win Win Review
- Salesforce inks 'second-largest' Philippine deal
- Alfonso Cuarón signs multi-year deal with Apple TV+
- Amazon.com makes its case against Google book deal
- Will HP earnings seal the merger deal?
- Your Creative Calendar: 54 Things To Do, Watch, Hear, And Read This October
- 'New' HP set to rule in Asia
- The best movies to stream this New Year’s Eve weekend
- MovieBob's 2018 ACADEMY AWARDS Preview
- Playing both sides
- Group looks to change woeful health outcomes in Niagara Falls, one person at a time
- Most Innovative Tech of 2017
- Palm stuck in a vicious cycle
- Following on More Than Friday: The Ones Who Teach Me
- Have yourself a streaming little Christmas
- 140 tech experts to follow on Twitter, updated for 2010
eOne Inks Deal With BAFTA-Winning Writer-Director Paul Andrew Williams have 417 words, post on deadline.com at October 6, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.