James Bond film producer Michael G. Wilson , who runs Eon Productions with Barbara Broccoli, has revealed that a seduction scene from the 1963 thriller From Russia With Love is always used to test those aspiring to play Ian Fleming's ruthless spy.
During an 'In Conversation' event at London's British Film Institute to celebrate 60 years of James Bond, Wilson noted that they always need a good actress to play opposite the actor participating in the audition. "We always use the same scene … and that's the one in From Russia With Love where Bond comes back after the assassination to his room, and he starts taking off his shirt, goes into the room to bathe, then he hears something, takes his gun, goes in and the girl's in the bed," he told the audience at the BFI on Friday night, referring to the moment in From Russia With Love where Sean Connery 's Bond finds Soviet military clerk Tatiana Romanova, played by Daniela Bianchi in the middle of his bed wearing only a black velvet choker.
After introducing themselves, Bond offers compliments to her beauty. She, however, laments: "I think my mouth is too big."
Before kissing her, Bond assures her all is well. "No, it's the right size.For me, that is."
Wilson explained "That was the test we use. Anyone who can bring that scene off is right for Bond. It's tough to do."
The veteran producer shared the BFI stage with BBC interviewer Samira Ahmed, screenwriters Neal Purvis and Robert Wade; casting director Debbie McWilliams, actor Rory Kinnear – Bill Tanner in Quantum of Solace , Skyfall, Spectre and No Time to Die, production designer Mark Tildesley and associate producer Gregg Wilson. It was one of several events held in recent days to mark James Bond Day this coming Wednesday, October 5.
Later, Wilson spoke to Deadline, and reiterated a point he made to us several months ago: "It's a whole new world, we've got to see what happens with Amazon, but there'll always be a Bond."
He also stressed that casting has not started for the new 007, "No matter what others tell you."
However, he did reveal that younger actors are out of the running. "We've tried looking at younger people in the past but trying to visualise it doesn't work. Remember, Bond's already a veteran, he's had some experience – he's a person who has been through the wars, so to speak. He's probably been in the SAS or something. He isn't some kid out of high school that you can bring in and start off. That's why it works for a thirty-something."
- Love Actually film facts and secrets that you probably didn't know
- Key takeaways from the Michael Horowitz hearing
- Love Actually’s biggest mysteries finally solved
- No Time to Die release date, cast, and everything else you need to know about Bond 25
- 30 royally ridiculous lies that make The Crown a travesty of the truth: CLAUDIA JOSEPH and HUGO VICKERS reveal jarring falsehoods into the 'facts' of the Netflix hit programme
- Behind-the-scenes of The Apprentice - how some contestants have taken business from the boardroom to the bedroom
- Lorne Michaels Told 'SNL' Cast to Make Trump 'Likable,' Taran Killam Says
- Leaked Sony e-mails reveal Aaron Sorkin wanted Tom Cruise as Steve Jobs
- Brazilian DJ who was one of the first people to meet fake German heiress Anna Sorokin before she scammed her way through the New York party scene reveals the fraudster asked her to pay a $40,000 Paris hotel bill
- Spectre: just who is Christoph Waltz?
- Freddie Mercury: 10 Things You Didn’t Know Queen Singer Did
- Final goodbye: Recalling influential people who died in 2019
- The Hill's Morning Report — Harris brings her A game to Miami debate
- Leo Tolstoy: the forgotten genius?
- Max Clifford: the rise and fall of the UK's king of spin
- Harvey Weinstein: What You Need to Know About His Sexual Harassment Allegations
- Why ‘Arrested Development’s’ 4th Season Is A Bust: Contracts And More
- Star Trek: Picard Release Date Set; New Trailer Shows Riker
- 25 Years Later, Michelle Pfeiffer’s Catwoman Is Still the Best Superhero Movie Villain
- Hans Werner Henze obituary
Bond Producer Michael G.Wilson Reveals That 007 Aspirants Are Given ”From Russia With Love” Bedroom Scene For Auditions have 721 words, post on deadline.com at October 1, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.