Aaron Judge would love to make some room on his mantle for his 62nd home run ball … but there’s just one issue — the fan who caught it ain’t sure if he’s willing to part ways with it yet.
The Yankees star hit the historic blast in the first inning of NY’s loss to the Rangers on Tuesday — giving him sole possession of the American League record over Roger Maris — and Cory Youmans was the lucky spectator who ended up on the receiving end of it.
The guy — who reportedly works in finance in Dallas — boxed out other fans and snagged it with his glove … and then he was whisked away by Rangers security guards in order to have it all authenticated.
In his only public comments after making the grab — Youmans told a gaggle of media members at the stadium he hadn’t thought about what he was going to do with it.
“That's a good question!” he said.
Youmans has a few options — namely, he can sell it for a fortune … as experts like David Kohler from SCP Auctions say it’s worth up to $2 MILLION right now!
Following the game, Judge said he would like to get the ball back if Youmans wanted to give it up … but he told reporters that hadn’t happened yet.
New York Yankees
The 30-year-old, though, said there’d be no hard feelings if Youmans didn’t return it.
“It’d be great to get it back, but that’s a souvenir for a fan,” Judge said. “So, they made a great catch out there and they’ve got every right to it.”
- MLB Fan Goes On Epic Italy Vacation After Catching Aaron Judge's 62nd HR Ball
- After Success With Mark McGwire Ball Auction, Guernsey’s Boss Says Aaron Judge Ball Could Break Record
- New York Yankees May Be In A Bidding War To Retain Slugger Aaron Judge
- The Aaron Judge hot stove is officially here: SF Giants 'won't be underbid'
- Dodgers could become serious contenders for Aaron Judge, change Mookie Betts' position: report
- Bob Raissman: YES Network sweating out Aaron Judge decision; Aaron Boone criticism causing tension
- Mike Lupica: Yankees never should have let it get here with Aaron Judge
- Brian Cashman, in need of new contract with Yankees, speaks about Aaron Judge being in same position
- The pros and cons of the Mets signing Aaron Judge
- Judge, perhaps Boone, face uncertain futures after Yanks out
- Mike Lupica: Not reaching the World Series has Yankee fans rightfully mad
- Mike Lupica: Brian Cashman is safe because Hal Steinbrenner likes the status quo with the Yankees
- Matt Hancock slammed by I’m A Celeb fans for major ‘error’ as he gives ‘cringey’ excuse for breaking Covid rules
- Christine McGuinness opens up about life before autism diagnosis: ‘Biggest hell!’
- Bryce Harper’s HR powers Phillies past Padres, into World Series
- Harper's HR powers Phillies past Padres, into World Series
- Twisted murderer who killed and decapitated model told to ‘rot in hell’ by her family after dying in jail
- ‘My husband is 37 years older - people say I’m a money grabber but I like older men’
- Seven fans of football clubs who supporters don't want - like Matt Hancock and Newcastle
- New York Yankees Emphasize Process As Discomfort Fuels Urgency
Aaron Judge Says He'd Like 62nd HR Ball Back, But Fan Unsure If He'll Give It Up have 587 words, post on www.tmz.com at October 5, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.