"I did not know that she was at the place she was at when she ended it," Judd told CBS News correspondent Lee Cowan on CBS News Sunday Morning . "Because she had had episodes before and she got better. And that's what I live in, is like, 'Was there anything I should have looked for or should I have known?' I didn't."
The interview on CBS News Sunday Morning is Judd's first following her mother's death and comes just ahead of Judd's upcoming tour beginning September 30, which would have been the Judds reunion tour.
Judd explained to Cowan that she will probably remain angry "for awhile" and that it stems from not being able to help her mother before her death.
Naomi Judd died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound on April 30. Her family had previously revealed she had been treated for PTSD and bipolar disorder.
What she described as "a new chapter" during the interview, Judd said, her mom "told me one time, 'my life is better because of you,' those are the memories that are starting to come through, more and more."
Judd also says she and her sister, actor Ashley Judd "are so united right now, I think more than we've been so in a long time."
You can watch the entire interview above.
- Red Sox, Ortiz know the end is near
- Mother’s death shakes KU’s Robinson
- Judd Apatow’s Garry Shandling doc does what Shandling did best: Show the human behind the TV screen
- Griffen back with Vikings, grieving mother’s death
- Winter Games come to an end
- Charles Howell III off to British Open
- It’s Kershaw vs Volquez in Dodgers-Padres opener
- Wheldon’s death overshadows Franchitti’s title
- Martha Moxley’s mother, brother still believe Kennedy cousin is guilty in doc on unsolved teen’s death
- Lori Soares' mother comes forward in doc about shocking murder, says she forgives her killer son-in-law
- FAMU tragedy ‘did not have to happen’
- Mother of star Canadian figure skater dies
- ‘Melo rejoins Nuggets after sister’s death
- California woman’s shocking mansion death wasn’t a suicide, family claims in doc: ‘We just want the truth’
- Cowboys rookie DB Wilcox back after mom’s death
- 'You wouldn't want to know about it': The haunting moment Danny Frawley refused to reveal his birthday wish after blowing out a candle on air - just two days before his tragic death
- Earnhardt’s loss still felt 10 years after death
- Did Seau’s love for game lead to death?
- Death’s shadow looms over FAMU band
- 68 things to know about NCAA tourney
Wynonna Judd Opens Up About Her Mother’s Death: “I Did Not Know She Was At The Place She Was At When She Ended It” have 465 words, post on deadline.com at September 25, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.