The signature hire was unveiled this afternoon and will see Ward take over from Tom McDonald, who departed to Nat Geo earlier this year.
Ward will oversee a portfolio that includes the prolific Natural History Unit, which recently opened an LA office, along with the Docs, Science and Factual Units. She will also look after the factual indies BBC Studios has stakes in, such as Louis Theroux's Mindhouse Productions and Rogan Productions.
BBC Studios Productions CEO Ralph Lee hailed her "infectious passion for great documentary storytelling and a deep understanding of the content market."
"Our Factual portfolio, with the Natural History, Docs and Science units at its heart and a range of brilliant indie partners, is critical to our success and growth," he added.
Ward has been president of Vice Studios for nearly three years and took on responsibility for Gangs of London producer Pulse Films upon founding duo Thomas Benski and Marissa Clifford's departures, at which point Vice took full control of the indie.
She oversaw the likes of Academy Award-nominated Flee, Hulu's Tell Me Lies and FX doc Pride. Prior to joining Vice, she was President, International of Refinery29.
Ward said: "Appetite for factual programming from both audiences and broadcasters alike continues to boom and I'm hugely excited to be part of Factual at BBC Studios as it is set to reach even greater height."
- BBC Studios Promotes Rebecca Glashow To Global Distribution CEO As Paul Dempsey Shifts To Director Of Performance
- BBC Series ‘The Split’ Gets Italian Version – Global Bulletin
- BBC Studios Signs Lorraine Burgess, The Former MD Of Idris Elba’s Green Door, As CFO
- BBC America Boards Nicôle Lecky UK Drama ‘Mood’ & Sundance Now Picks Up ‘Showtrial’ & ‘The Suspect’
- Royal Family: Sophie swipes 'Children's Princess' crown from Kate at latest outing
- The Apprentice candidate got co-star fired when their romance was exposed
- Inside the ManningCast: How ESPN and Two Football Brothers Are Transforming Sports TV
- Power prices crash as Storm Eunice drives wind turbines
- FTSE 100 hits two-year high on plans to scrap Covid rules
- New Movies Coming Out in 2022: The Biggest Films From Marvel, DC, Netflix and More
- U.S. Center for SafeSport, Olympic Movement's misconduct watchdog, struggles to shed 'paper tiger' reputation
- Walt Disney (DIS) Q1 2022 Earnings Call Transcript
- Will Smith, Darren Aronofsky, James Cameron & Jon Favreau Non-Fiction Series Lead Nat Geo’s Latest Disney+ Slate
- Free Radical vs. the Monsters
- 23 iconic rock bands spanning four decades who are still on the go today
- Sirius XM Radio (SIRI) Q4 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- SXSW Sets New Keynotes And Featured Speakers Including Bob Odenkirk, Ethan Hawke, Lizzo, ‘The Boys’ Team, More
- Microsoft's mega-deal worries small video game makers
- Scotland treated with 'utter contempt' by Westminster, claims Nicola Sturgeon amid 'Partygate' row
- Thursday morning news briefing: Vladimir Putin declares war
Vice Studios Global President Kate Ward Replaces Tom McDonald At BBC Studios have 480 words, post on deadline.com at September 22, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.