Vendhu Thanindhathu Kaadu was released yesterday (September 15) amidst decent expectations. Simbu’s previous release Maanaadu was a commercial success, and there was some hype for the Gautham Menon-Simbu-AR Rahman combo coming back together.
The day 1 box office collection across India was Rs 8.35 Crore net and Rs 10.50 Crore net, as per early estimates.
The film had some skepticism around it as well prior to release. The previous release of Gautham Menon received mixed reviews. The director himself had acknowledged the first half of Enai Nokki Paayum Thotta was his film, but the rest of the film went all over the place due to multiple reasons.
However, the presence of writer Jeyamohan, a totally new landscape and distinct characters, did promise something fresh from the team. The film has been receiving mostly positive reviews, although there is some criticism as well. The film’s post-climax scenes have not been received well.
Gautham had said in a recent interview that a sequel is being planned, but how Vendhu Thanindhathu Kaadu is received by the audience would decide whether the sequel will be picked up for production.
There was some harsh feedback for the excessive use of voiceovers in Gautham’s previous project, and he has avoided its usage completely in this film. While voiceovers as such may not be bad, but this did feel fresh and different from his earlier films.
The film that stars STR and Siddhi Idnani as leads, is written by Jayamohan and Gautham Menon, and directed by Menon himself. The film is produced by Ishari Ganesh under the banner of Vels Film International and distributed by Red Giant Movies. Siddhartha Nuni is the DOP, and Anthony is the editor for the film. AR Rahman composed the film’s music.
- Radhe Box Office Opening: Salman Khan's Film Gets A Decent Start Overseas
- Angelina Jolie’s ‘Those Who Wish Me Dead’ DOA in US box office; ‘Spiral’ claims no. 1 spot
- Kabir Singh gives Shahid his career-best opening
- Inside the final days of The Best Show On WFMU
- Our 25 Favorite Summer Blockbusters of the 1990s
- Best Hindi Movies on Netflix [October 2020]
- The top 100 thrillers of all time, according to critics
- The 100 best international movies of all time
- Best Hindi Movies on Amazon Prime Video [October 2020]
- The Rocky series became a Stallone biography with a great new ending
- Imax Corp (IMAX) Q4 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
- The 38 Greatest Car Movies Ever Made
- Six Reasons Why 'Zola,' a Virtuoso Walk on the Wild Side, Is the Must-See Movie of the Summer (Column)
- Top Films: w/c Saturday, March 13
- The Jim Henson Hour marked the first time that chaos defeated the frog
- Sling TV vs. YouTube TV | Which Live TV Streaming Service Is Better? | Digital Trends
- The A.V. Club kicks off Fantasia 2020 with Hong Kong legends and DIY auteurs
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JULY 1
- Biopic Of Indian Cricket Hero M. S. Dhoni Scores Big In India, U.S.
- The best movies of 2000
Vendhu Thanindhathu Kaadu Day 1 Box Office Collection: Simbu's Gangster Drama Opens With Decent Numbers have 475 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at September 16, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.