Star Wars composer John Williams is reported to have been made one of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth's very last knights, with the honour one of the final awards approved by the late monarch before her death a fortnight ago.
British press reports that the veteran composer's name is on the final list of honorary awards for foreign nationals.
Ex-Disney chief executive Robert Iger has also reportedly been awarded an honorary KBE for services to UK-US relations.
Williams's talents can be heard on the scores of blockbuster films including Star Wars , Jurassic Park and Harry Potter . Steven Spielberg has often turned to him for films including the Indiana Jones series, Saving Private Ryan and Schindler's List.
Most recently, Williams teamed up once again with Spielberg for the latter's memoir-film The Tabelmans .
The New York-born composer began his career seven decades ago, since when he has received accolades including 25 Grammys, five Oscars and seven Bafta Awards.
- Watch Downton Abbey fave Penelope Wilton play The Queen in new clip from The BFG
- How Hollywood got so many of our favourite historical characters wrong in hit films and TV shows
- Top honour for Dr Crossland – NHS cardiologist who saved one-minute old Chanel and 2,000 other babies
- William and Kate join the Queen in the drizzle for the annual Garter Day parade
- Rocker Rod Stewart rubs shoulders with The Queen hours after receiving his knighthood from the Duke of Cambridge
- Diana’s old Audi convertible and The Queen’s Bentley going under the hammer in million pound car sale
- Celebrity deaths in 2017: Famous faces gone too soon from Fats Domino to Hugh Hefner
- Pam'sParty Line: Wine, Mardi Gras and debs in the news
- A&E staff at Stepping Hill Hospital who fought to save victims of Manchester Arena attack up for health gong
- The story behind the tiaras, gowns and medals worn by the Royal Family at Buckingham Palace reception
- The 20 TV shows we're most excited about this fall
- As TV heavyweights prepare to do battle at the National Television Awards we reveal who made the cut – and you can vote here!
- Your guide to movies opening through Thanksgiving 2019
- 32nd Virginia Film Festival Announces Lineup
- What’s on Netflix in November? From The Gilmore Girls to Dirty Grandpa, all the new series and films you need to watch this month
- Four candles placed on the altar for Ronnie Corbett’s funeral
- Here’s a list of EVERY Great British Bake Off winner so far – from Edd Kimber to Sophie Faldo
- The 11 craziest celeb items that sold for £££s
- Princess Charlotte plays with balloons and toddles alongside Kate and Wills saying ‘pop’ at a children’s party on Canada tour
- Ribchester gives Fahey French win
Queen’s Last Knight: Steven Spielberg’s Favourite Composer John Williams “Honoured By Queen Elizabeth” have 442 words, post on deadline.com at September 24, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.