The show is set in 1987 and follows East German spy Kleo Straub, played by Jella Haase, who kills a businessman in West Berlin while on a mission with a secret Stasi commando. Not long after, she's arrested by the Stasi on spurious claims and denounced by everyone she knows. After two years in jail, the Berlin Wall falls, and Kleo is suddenly free, but she soon finds out that the conspiracy against her is much bigger than she could have imagined, and an ominous red suitcase appears to be the missing puzzle piece.
Kleo season one was unveiled on a mega Netflix Europe slate that included almost 20 projects in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, at which point the streamer committed to doubling its investment in the region to 500M Euros ($482M) between 2021 and 2023. Other shows on the slate included historical thriller The Empress.
Kleo is produced by Zeitsprung Pictures under the helm of showrunner team Hanno Hackfort, Richard Kropf and Bob Konrad. Dimitrij Schaad stars alongside Haase.
Speaking to Deadline, Netflix VP German Original Series Katja Hofem said the season reorder is proof that the streamer is committing to multi-season shows.
- Gary Oldman Talks ‘Slow Horses’ Season Two And The Show’s Winning Formula
- Mike Flanagan drops all the details for The Midnight Club season 2 after Netflix cancels series
- Facing Energy Crisis, Germans, Warily, Give Nuclear a Second Look
- Firefly Lane book: Does Firefly Lane have a sequel?
- Does Tully have a baby in Firefly Lane?
- Firefly Lane: Who is Bud in Firefly Lane?
- He was seen as the next Steve Irwin, but now Outback Wrangler Matt Wright's rise has been rocked by tragedy
- 2022 Forbes Holiday Gift Guide: An A-To-Z Guide Of Letter-Perfect Presents
- World Cup live updates: USA vs. Netherlands coverage
- Star Wars: The Acolyte prequel show has found its star
Netflix Renews German Spy Thriller ‘Kleo’ For Season Two have 310 words, post on deadline.com at September 29, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.