UPDATED, 7:45 AM: Fantasy author Neil Gaiman is not taking Elon Musk 's criticism of Amazon 's The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power sitting down. In a tweet Tuesday that has gone viral, Gaiman wrote, "Elon Musk doesn't come to me for advice on how to fail to buy Twitter, and I don't go to him for film, TV or literature criticism."
Gaiman's comment came after Musk slammed Amazon's LOTR : The Rings Of Power, saying "Tolkien is turning over his grave," as Musk is attempting to exit his proposed $44BN takeover of Twitter and amid an ongoing feud with Amazon founder and executive chairman Jeff Bezos .
Gaiman developed and is executive producing Netflix's popular series adaptation of his DC comic book series The Sandman , which drew 69.5 million hours viewed in its first three days of release.
Elon Musk doesn’t come to me for advice on how to fail to buy Twitter, and I don’t go to him for film, TV or literature criticism. https://t.co/WpyXhQlqIh
— Neil Gaiman (@neilhimself) September 6, 2022
PREVIOUS, 2:17 AM: Elon Musk's verdict on Amazon's massive budget drama series The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power ? "Tolkien is turning in his grave".
The Tesla CEO took to Twitter to slam the series with a pair of short tweets. The second read: "Almost every male character so far is a coward, a jerk or both. Only Galadriel is brave, smart and nice."
Regardless of Musk's views, The Rings of Power has been a hit for Prime Video , with data earlier this week revealing the J.D. Payne & Patrick McKay co-created show took more than 25 million viewers in its first day. This marked the best performance for an Amazon original ever. The eight-episode first season will run until October 14.
Almost every male character so far is a coward, a jerk or both. Only Galadriel is brave, smart and nice.
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) September 5, 2022
Musk, who's currently tangled in a web trying to exit his proposed $44BN takeover of social site Twitter, has been in competition with Amazon founder and Executive Chairman Jeff Bezos for years and regularly trolls his businesses on social media. Bezos has responded in kind several times over the years.
The billionaires have both spent huge sums on their spaceflight businesses – Musk owns SpaceX and Bezos founded Blue Origin – and have often criticized each others' operations. The pair has variously swapped places as the planet's wealthiest person, but Musk currently owns that title with a net worth of about $254BN.
The Rings of Power series lead Galadriel, played by Morfydd Clark, has herself been the target of criticism from online trolls, with complaints generally claiming the regal nature of the character in the original J.R.R. Tolkin novels and Peter Jackson films has been replaced by an all-action warrior elf queen. The series is set thousands of years before the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit stories and features a much younger Galadriel, which in theory provides context on the differences.
You can follow the latest behind-the-scenes goings on and discussion around the series in our weekly Inside the Ring episode aftershow. Click here for the latest .
- Power Book 2 season 3 cast: Will Queen Latifah join the cast of Ghost?
- Lord of the Rings series: Amazon boss' major update on Rings of Power future 'Excited'
- Elon Musk Calls This Game The 'Most Beautiful Art' He Has Ever Seen: Find Out What It Is
- A sleepy California city gets the Elon Musk makeover
- Christopher Lee did not want to play Lord of The Rings Saruman: Clashed with Peter Jackson
- Updated Marvel Release Dates: When to See New MCU Movies & Disney+ Shows
- Bosch Legacy actress shares Madison Lintz' reaction to LAPD training on set 'hysterical'
- Those Hyundai And Kia Fire Recalls Might Be More Serious Than We Thought
- The Boys season 3 release time: How to watch The Boys in the UK
- Raven Owen age: How old is Our Yorkshire Farm star Amanda Owen's daughter?
- Enver Gjokaj family: Does NCIS Hawaii's Captain Milius actor have a twin?
- NCIS Hawaii season 2: Will there be another series?
- Gautam Adani and Mukesh Ambani are at a turning point in their rivalry
- Has Lucasfilm Learned Anything?
- Star Wars: The Acolyte's Creator Talks EU Influences, Villain Focus
- Dear Lucasfilm: Ask Bryce Dallas Howard to Make a Star Wars Movie
- Top Netflix movie recommendations for May 2022: A Perfect Pairing, Ammonite and MORE
- Seann Walsh's ex Rebecca Humphries on taking break in career before new role
- Summary: The defamation trial between Johnny Depp & Amber Heard
- Riverdale cancelled: Archie star KJ Apa’s emotional reaction ‘Try not to think about it’
Neil Gaiman Slaps Back At Elon Musk For Criticizing Amazon’s ‘Lord Of The Rings: The Rings Of Power’ — Update have 830 words, post on deadline.com at September 6, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.