Lovibond, who plays Joyce in the tale of a feminist magazine being launched in 1970s Los Angeles and has to include naked men in the mix for funding by a porn publisher – told The Times an intimacy coordinator was on set at all times: "It's unthinkable, really, that we didn't always have them — like seatbelts."
Her view contrasts with that of Game of Thrones star Sean Bean who recently said he thought the presence of an intimacy coordinator took away the "spice" of sex scenes.
Lovibond said, "I think they're spicy enough. It is a strange experience to be whipping off your clothes in front of boom operators and script supervisors."
As it transpires there are no sex scenes in Minx, which has been commissioned for a second season following its debut earlier this year. Lovibond told The Times , "The whole point of the show is that it shows the female gaze."
The actress will also be on screens in Sky Atlantic's upcoming This England , Michael Winterbottom's portrait of the UK during the first lockdown of 2020, in which she plays Carrie Johnson, the British prime minister's partner, who contracted Covid herself, saw her partner hospitalised with the illness and had her first child in that chaotic period.
Of her transformation alongside Kenneth Branagh to play the distinctive, high-profile pair, Lovibond said, "The wigs and the padding help the audience locate that person. The wig is so important to Carrie, so immediately recognisable. She has so much hair."
- ‘Star Wars’ Episode VIII is going to be completely unlike ‘Force Awakens,’ according to its stars
- Why there’s no other movie star in the world like Nicolas Cage — and that’s a blessing
- What it’s like to survive a punishing Michael Bay movie set, according to ’13 Hours’ star Pablo Schreiber
- Ericka: Hard to say goodbye
- 2 models who worked for Trump’s controversial agency tell what it was like for them
- 2 models who once worked for Trump’s doomed agency share what it was like for them
- Photos: Star Magic Ball couples share 'kilig' moments on red carpet
- A day behind the scenes of ‘Dancing with the Stars,’ TV’s biggest celebrity dance competition
- Say You, Say Me, Say Lionel Richie!
- What Analysts And Experts Have To Say About Malaysia's Management Of The MH370 Crisis
- Here are the intense workouts and diets the actors in ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ went through to prepare for their roles
- Alison Brie says she looks for acting work that ‘terrifies’ her
- Tell it to Sun.Star: State of Larsian
- Landon Donovan explains why ‘parking the bus’ — the most popular strategy to defend Lionel Messi — might not work for the USMNT
- Single mom, 22, who got pregnant aged 14 undergoes rigorous six-week lifestyle makeover to transform her body and regain confidence - while teaching her daughter that 'self love is important'
- Cris: The opposite of her Lola Midz
- 2 more abused OFWs surface, to file raps
- Nurses share a side to their profession that most people don’t see
- If you want to understand Trump, look at his early relationship with the man he has called his best friend
- RANKED: The 10 best movies of 2016
‘Minx’ Star Ophelia Lovibond Says Working Without Intimacy Coordinators Now Is “Unthinkable” have 558 words, post on deadline.com at September 24, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.