EXCLUSIVE: Oakes Fegley ( The Fabelmans, The Goldfinch ) and Dayo Okeniyi (See, Rise) are set as leads opposite Joel Edgerton and Jennifer Connelly in Dark Matter , an adaptation of Blake Crouch's acclaimed sci-fi novel, at Apple TV+. In addition to Edgerton and Connelly, they join previously announced series regulars Alice Braga and Jimmi Simpson in the series from Sony Television and also executive produced by Edgerton.
Written and showrun by Crouch, the nine-episode series will follow Jason Dessen, (Edgerton) a physicist, professor, and family man who — one night while walking home on the streets of Chicago — is abducted into an alternate version of his life. Wonder quickly turns to nightmare when he tries to return to his reality amid the multiverse of lives he could have lived. In this labyrinth of mind-bending realities, he embarks on a harrowing journey to get back to his true family and save them from the most terrifying, unbeatable foe imaginable: himself.
Fegley will play Charlie, Jason (Edgerton) and Daniela's (Connelly) son. Okeniyi is Leighton, an executive for a high-tech laboratory.
Dark Matter is executive produced by Matt Tolmach ( Jumanji franchise, Venom ) and David Manpearl for Matt Tolmach Productions. Crouch will write and serve as showrunner and executive producer on the series, and Jakob Verbruggen (Invasion, The Alienist) is set to direct the first three episodes.
Fegley will next be seen co-starring in Steven Spielberg's semi-autobiographical film The Fabelmans for Amblin and Universal, set for release on November 11. He previously starred in The Goldfinch for Warner Brothers, in the title role of Pete's Dragon for Disney and Wonderstruck for Amazon Studios. Fegley is repped by Verve Talent and Literary Agency, Wright Entertainment and Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz.
Nigerian American actor Okeniyi can currently be seen in Disney+'s new movie Rise . Upcoming, he also has a supporting role opposite Ben Affleck and Alice Braga in Hypnotic directed by Robert Rodriguez. On the television side, Okeniyi recurred on the Apple TV+ series See . He was also a series regular on NBC's crime drama Shades of Blue opposite Jennifer Lopez and Ray Liotta. Okeniyi is repped by UTA, Kanica Suy of Cultivate Entertainment, and attorney McKuin Frankel Whitehead.
- #MeToo changed it all: Jennifer Aniston reveals how the movement affected her show on Apple TV+
- Justin Theroux set to star in The Mosquito Coast TV adaptation for Apple TV plus based on his uncle Paul Theroux's iconic novel
- Every Apple TV Plus show announced so far, and the latest trailers and teasers
- Apple TV+ space-race drama is a ‘deeply feminist’ series, star says
- Stephen King sold another book to Hollywood this week. Are there any left that aren’t movies or TV series?
- Jennifer Aniston memorializes her late dog Dolly with a diamond necklace bearing the pup's picture
- Jennifer Aniston cuddles up to musician Dave Matthews in new photos posted to her Instagram
- Jennifer Aniston reveals she talked to Diane Sawyer when researching her Morning Show role: 'I love, I worship her - if I could emulate anyone it's her'
- Jennifer Aniston means business in black blazer and skinny jeans as she heads to Jimmy Kimmel Live! after becoming an Instagram sensation
- Jennifer Aniston admits she doesn't know why she joined Instagram on chat show after setting record
- Sarah Hyland reminisces about playing Jennifer Aniston's onscreen daughter in sweet flashback photo... as she welcomes star to Instagram
- Jennifer Aniston ‘Breaks’ Instagram With ‘Friends’ Selfie Debut
- Apple Arcade Is Mobile Gaming Without All The Bullshit
- Number of new Netflix shows to dwarf those from Disney, Apple at launch
- TV dinners: 25 shows to binge-watch this Thanksgiving weekend
- From SNL to Game of Thrones, the most influential TV shows of the decade, ranked
- Could Taika Waititi Join
- 'Tomorrow is a new beginning': Disgraced AFL agent Ricky Nixon breaks his silence after police took him to hospital following a series of alarming social media posts
- Angelina Jolie shares that NONE of the six kids she shares with Brad Pitt are 'interested' in acting careers: 'They're into business, humanitarian affairs'
- Angelina Jolie wows in a structured silver gown as she attends star-studded Maleficent: Mistress Of Evil premiere in London with children Zahara, 14, Shiloh, 13, and twins Vivienne and Knox, 11
‘Dark Matter’: Oakes Fegley & Dayo Okeniyi Join Joel Edgerton & Jennifer Connelly In Apple TV+ Series have 693 words, post on deadline.com at September 30, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.