As part of the partnership, conversations with CBS News correspondents and newsmakers at the TribFest will appear on the network platforms.
The Sept. 22-24 event takes place in Austin.
Among the events: Major Garrett in conversation with national election expert David Becker on "the big lie," with Texas Tribune CEO Evan Smith moderating (Sept. 22 at 1:30 PM CT); a live taping of Garrett's podcast The Takeout with Major Garrett (Sept. 23 at 10 AM CT); Ed O'Keefe's interview with former Ohio Governor John Kasich (Sept. 23 at 2:15 PM CT); and Robert Costa 's interview with Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-MD), a member of the January 6th Committee (Sept. 23 at 3:30 PM CT).
Garrett and Becker also will do a book signing of their book The Big Truth: Upholding Democracy in the Age of 'The Big Lie, at 2:45 PM CT on Sept. 22. Raskin will do a signing of his book Unthinkable at 4:45 PM CT on Sept. 23.
The festival, now in its 12th year, is returning as an in-person event after two years of virtual panels and speeches. also includes an array of other speakers including Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY), Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg, Hillary Clinton and New York Mayor Eric Adams. Full lineup here .
Other media partners include the Austin American-Statesman, The Austin Chronicle, Austin PBS, Austin Vida, CityCast.fm, The Dallas Morning News, Financial Times, KERA, KPRC, KSAT, KVUE, ProPublica, Ricochet, Texas Standard, The 19th*, WFAA and Vox Media.
- Convicted spy Maria Butina says her meetings with NRA and GOP were just 'social networking' and calls American media 'racist against Russians’ as agent denies she took instructions from Putin's crony
- Fox News boss fired anchor for refusing sexual advances, lawsuit alleges
- Roger Ailes' greatest legacy at Fox News? Donald Trump
- WhatsApp has 400 million users in India, but no fix for its fake news problem
- Major Media Outlets Keep Normalizing Polyamory
- Final editions: why no local news is bad news
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’: News, trailers, and everything we know so far
- Cabela's League City store features weekend of events, giveaways
- Fake news: an insidious trend that's fast becoming a global problem
- India fights fake news on social media ahead of election
- Southeast Asia 'fake news' laws open the door to digital authoritarianism
- What is Roku? The streaming media platform fully explained
- Facebook offers plan to tackle fake news ahead of US midterms
- 'Disputed by multiple fact-checkers': Facebook rolls out new alert to combat fake news
- EU tech czar Margrethe Vestager: 'Social media could deactivate democracy'
- How to survive the fake news about cancer
- Facebook announces effort to partner with media to promote journalism
- Global Media Forum 2019: Populists, media and power
- Some African governments using social media to monitor citizens: Freedom House report
- Why you may see less fake news this election season
CBS News To Serve As Media Partner At Texas Tribune Festival And Feature Interviews On Network Platforms have 469 words, post on deadline.com at September 16, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.