Actress Alia Bhatt made an interesting revelation in one of her recent interviews. While responding to a question about whether she gets affected by the reviews of her films, the Bollywood star revealed that she doesn’t read them even if they are good.
Alia told trade analyst Komal Nahta, “I don’t read reviews. Even when the reviews are good I don’t read them. When they are bad I don’t read them. But even when the reviews are good I don’t read them. I read headlines that people send me sometimes. I don’t know from the first film I feel ki general sense mil jata hai ki kya chali kya nhi chali, film chalne k baad (You get a general sense of what worked and what didn’t after the film’s release).
The Gangubai Kathiawadi actress said that instead, she prefers to take feedback of her films from people whom she meets in person.
“I ask enough people when I meet them in person for feedback. It’s not like that ki mujhe padhna nahi hai (I don’t want to read) (turns away and shields her face). I don’t like this sort of dissection on day one or day 10 also of a film,” Alia told Komal.
The actress shared that on the other hand, her mentor and filmmaker Karan Johar loves to read reviews as he feels sometimes some interesting things come up because again, it’s an opinion or feedback.
Contrary to that, Alia speaks to people to get feedback for every film to know what she could have done better and to understand the reason behind the success or failure of her films.
Workwise, 2022 has been a great year for Alia. The actress received rave reviews for her performance in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Gangubai Kathiawadi which was a money spinner at the box office. Her next OTT release Darlings also received a thumbs up from the audience. Alia’s latest outing Brahmastra continues to set the cash registers ringing at the box office and as of now, has minted Rs 241.53 Crore (nett).
- Darlings Movie Review: Hey Darlings, Alia Bhatt-Vijay Varma's Film Gives Enough Reasons To Say 'I Loves You'
- Ranbir Kapoor and Alia Bhatt Fly to Italy for a Relaxing Babymoon, Say Reports
- Alia Bhatt On Wedding with Ranbir Kapoor: 'All My Concerns Have Vanished After Getting Married'
- Alia Bhatt On Live-In Relationship with Ranbir Kapoor Before Marriage: 'You Get Comfortable, It’s Great'
- Alia Bhatt Says She 'Cannot Wait' To Collaborate With Shah Rukh Khan Again | Exclusive
- Darlings review: Alia Bhatt raises the bar for movies with meaning
- Darlings actor Vijay Verma was told ‘tu Shah Rukh Khan nahi hai’ during struggle: ‘Today SRK has employed me’
- Vijay Varma says Darlings is the ‘antithesis’ of Kabir Singh, reveals Shah Rukh Khan expressed interest in playing Hamza
- Manoj Bajpayee Says People Nowadays Are 'Stuck On Box Office Collections': 'Koi Baat Nahi Karta Ki Film..'
- Ibrahim Ali Khan Poses with Crew Members of Rocky Aur Rani Ki Prem Kahaani; See Pics
- Bad Sisters review: Apple’s brilliant new black comedy is an endlessly bingeable treat, and one of the year’s best shows
- Vijay Varma: I Was Once Told 'Tu Shah Rukh Khan Nahi Hai', But Now He Has Employed Me for His Film
- Shah Rukh Khan Wanted to Play Hamza in Darlings, Reveals Vijay Varma; Know Why He Didn't Do It
- Vijay Varma Talks About Darlings Success, Says 'Parents Assured That I Won't Die of Hunger'
- Arjit Taneja-Sriti Jha Follow Arjun Bijlani-Shraddha Arya To Join Karan Johar's Dharma Productions
- First of Many: Taapsee Pannu revisits Aadukalam
- 'We Should Only Give Ranveer Love'
- No One Wants To Hire Karan Johar ‘The Actor’
- Kapil Sharma Once Joked About Karan Johar’s Show Koffee With Karan During An Award Function
- Move Over Koffee With Karan: Rona With Ritu, Sambhar With Swetha 'Pitched' By Twitter
Alia Bhatt Reveals She Doesn't Read Reviews Of Her Films; 'It's Not Like That Ki Mujhe Padhna Nahi Hain' have 637 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at September 24, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.