EXCLUSIVE : The U.S. Men's National Soccer Team ( USMNT ) is set to be the subject of a new documentary series as they gear up for the World Cup.
Park Stories and H.wood Media have teamed up with the U.S. Soccer Federation and Soccer United Marketing on the untitled all-access docuseries. WME is running the sales process with the series expected to launch on a streamer around the Qatar World Cup in November.
The series will bring fans into the locker room and visit the players in their hometowns as they prepare for the tournament.
The team is competing in its first World Cup since 2014 and has an exciting team of youngsters including Chelsea's Christian Pulisic, Juventus' Weston McKennie, Barcelona's Sergiño Dest and Borussia Dortmund's Gio Reyna.
Led by head coach Gregg Berhalter, the first person in U.S. history to represent the country at the World Cup as a player and a head coach, the team will fight it out against England, Wales and Iran in the group stages. They kick off against Gareth Bale-led Wales on November 21 before facing Euros finalists England on the day after Thanksgiving before competing against Iran on November 29. The games will air on Fox and Telemundo.
The docuseries is exec produced by Rand Getlin and Janina Pelayo for Park Stories, and John Terzian, Jeremy Allen and Brian Toll are producing for H.wood Media. The show is directed by Getlin and Luke Korver, and Nikle Guzijan will co-produce.
"Five billion people are projected to tune in for the 2022 World Cup, and this team has the potential to impact each of them in profoundly transformative ways," said directors Rand Getlin and Luke Korver. "We know it starts with their play on the field, but we're most excited for viewers to see them as sons, brothers, fathers and leaders who care deeply about their loved ones and bringing the world closer together."
- Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik lauds successful completion of FIH Hockey Men's Junior World Cup
- FIH Men's Junior World Cup: India To Meet France Again As Both Teams Fight For Third-Place Finish | Hockey News
- World Cup Skier Works at Being 17
- Junior men’s hockey World Cup | Argentina quells Germany’s challenge
- An Argentine TV channel mocks Vladimir Putin's "gay propaganda" ban ahead of the World Cup
- Italy and Portugal drawn in same World Cup playoff bracket
- Activist protest Russia's "gay propaganda law" by coordinating rainbow-colored jerseys at World Cup
- Olympic medallist Vivek Sagar Prasad to lead India in men's junior hockey World Cup
- FIH Junior Women's World Cup in South Africa put on hold owing to COVID-19
- Junior Hockey World Cup: Title Holders India Seek Inspiration from Olympic Bronze Medallist Seniors
- Tied after 50 overs and a super over, England edges Cricket World Cup final
- Junior Hockey World Cup: High-flying India thrash Poland 8-2 to set up quarterfinal against Belgium
- Junior Hockey World Cup 2021: Argentina end France's dream run to book final berth
- Junior Hockey World Cup: India bank on attacking and drag-flicking prowess to outsmart Belgium in quarters
- Junior Hockey World Cup 2021: Solid India eye Germany scalp en route to title defence
- Argentina end France's dream run to book final berth in Junior Hockey World Cup
- Junior Hockey World Cup 2021: One COVID-19 positive case reported
- Junior Hockey World Cup 2021: Belgium down Spain in shoot-out to set up 5-6th play-off match against the Dutch
- Ind vs Afg, T20 World Cup: India Take On Afghanistan; Check Predicted Playing XI
- India vs Pakistan: India Eye to Avenge 10-Wicket T20 World Cup Loss vs Pakistan, Schedule to be Announced in January
U.S Men’s Soccer Team World Cup Docuseries In The Works have 594 words, post on deadline.com at August 15, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.