Tom Holland returned to Instagram only to reveal he was taking a social media break to focus on his mental health. The Spider-Man: No Way Home star had been absent from digital platforms and came back to make a couple of important announcements.
Holland shared a video on his official Instagram account and said he had been struggling for about an hour trying to come up with the words he was going to use.
"I've taken a break from social media for my mental health because I find Instagram and Twitter to be overstimulating, to be overwhelming," he said in his first announcement. "I get caught up and I spiral when I read things about me online and ultimately, it's very detrimental to my mental state. So I decided to take a step back and delete the app."
His "brief return to Instagram" was to bring awareness to the charity stem4, an education program that helps young kids manage their mental health.
"There is an awful stigma against mental health and I know that asking for help and seeking help isn't something that we should be ashamed of but it is something that is much easier said than done," he added.
Holland said that he has tried all four apps in the program and they have been "fantastic" and "really helpful."
Before ending the video, the actor said he was "going to disappear from Instagram again" and added, "Thanks for your love and support. I love you all and I'll speak to you soon."
- Social Media 'Violence' on the Rise in Israel as Chasm Between Left and Right Continues to Grow
- Jordan Henderson hands social media accounts to charity, as clubs begin boycott due to racist abuse
- 'It's not a safe place': Thierry Henry quits social media, hoping to inspire others to stand up to online abuse
- Anushka Sharma Shares Cryptic Post On Social Media Toxicity; 'The World Doesn't Need More Critics'
- Fatima Sana Shaikh Follows Dangal Co-Star Aamir Khan’s Footsteps, Takes Break From Social Media
- Amit Sadh Says The Privileged Can Be Little Sensitive On Social Media As Their Posts Can Be Brutal To Someone
- Amit Sadh Says Celebs Can Be A Little Sensitive On Social Media, As Their Posts Can Be Brutal To Someone
- After Aamir Khan, Loveyatri actress Warina Hussain quits social media!
- He said he had a cold. Chinese social media quickly turned it into coronavirus
- PIL in Allahabad HC against coercive action against those appealing for oxygen on social media
- One in five employees spend two hours a day on social media when they should be working
- Tom Holland Goes Shirtless While Celebrating Final Day of Spider-Man: No Way Home Training
- Jess Glynne bullied into deleting her social media by cruel trolls who told her to ‘go die’
- Thierry Henry calls on tech giants to act against anonymous racist bullying after quitting social media
- 5 Tips for Aspiring Social Media Marketers
- IPL 2021: Social media flooded with memes after ‘millionaire’ Chris Morris show against DC
- 5 Fresh Ideas for Social Media Marketers
- Ed Sheeran announces he is taking ‘another break’ from music and social media
- Social media big hitters: The secret lives of modern influencers
- Rebel Wilson breaks social media silence with glam selfie after receiving special surprise
Tom Holland Announces Social Media Break: “I Spiral When I Read Things About Me” have 562 words, post on deadline.com at August 14, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.