The Sandman , Netflix's series adaptation of Neil Gaiman's comic book, ended the two-week reign of Virgin River ' s fourth season at the top of the streamer's weekly rankings for Aug.1-Aug.7. The Sandman drew 69.5 million hours viewed in its first three days of release. That is a solid number for a new series.
While returning hits are front-loaded, logging monster opening weekends, successful new series typically grow in their second week. That is the case with limited series Keep Breathing which moved up from #3 last week with 48.1M hours to #2 with 54.7M hours viewed in its first full week. Virgin River 's fourth season slipped to #3 after two weeks at #1, adding 46.9M hours viewed.
Two other new series landed in the Top 10 in their opening weekends, Jeff Richman and Darren Star's new comedy Uncoupled was at #6 with 26.5M as comedies traditionally take longer to catch on, and docuseries Tpainreck: Woodstock '99 at #2 with 20.3M.
Ahead of 828 Day, Manifest fans continue to show up in droves, with all three existing seasons of the mystery drama making the Top 10 for a second straight week.
On the non-English side, Korea's latest hit, Extraordinary Attorney Woo , remained at #1, a position it has held for four of its five weeks to date. Fueled by word of mouth, the show has been growing in viewership every week, hitting a new high mark of 67M hours viewed in its fifth week.
- Boris Johnson slams Labour's 'crackpot communist' plan to spend £100BILLION nationalising chunks of BT, Sky, Virgin and TalkTalk to offer free broadband - amid warnings it will be a 'disaster' for pensioners and users
- Woo Films Backs Natalia Beristain as Manolo Caro Teams with Natalia Garcia Agraz (EXCLUSIVE)
- Dermot O’Leary talks mental health, marriage secrets and the new Celebrity X Factor
- Comic Book Reviews for This Week: 11/13/2019
- Jeffrey Epstein will spend a week in jail before his bail hearing after claiming underage girls were 'prostitutes' - as FBI reveals trove of nude images of minors and a massage table with sex toys found at his $77M mansion
- NYPD allowed billionaire pedophile Jeffrey Epstein to live at liberty despite a court order requiring the 'high risk' offender to register with them every 90 days
- TLC, HGTV and Discovery: All the New and Returning Shows Coming Fall 2019
- Ohio ranks high in hazardous dams needing work
- $30 Million Behemoth Richest New Real Estate Listing
- Eccentric 'Hairspray' director John Waters reveals he stopped Winona Ryder from marrying Johnny Depp, was offered money for the sewage under the actor's trailer by a besotted fan and turned down a young Brad Pitt for a role in one of his films
- The Weirdness Is Coming
- Prince Andrew boards private jet at Aberdeen airport as he ends Balmoral break just days after the Royals rallied round him over jail cell suicide of paedophile friend Jeffrey Epstein
- Jeffrey Epstein is denied bail as judge cites 'moving' testimony of victims, pedophile's trove of underage nude photos and his 'uncontrollable' urge to sexually abuse minors in decision ordering him to prison ahead of trial
- Jeffrey Epstein DID use his fake passport for travel to Spain, UK and more reveal lawyers after pedophile's defense team said there was no proof of use
- You Never Give Me Your Money: How Allen Klein Played The Beatles and The Stones
- Jeffrey Epstein offers to live under house arrest at his $77M mansion with armed guards, electronic monitor and sizable bond if released on bail, while urging court not to discriminate because he's rich
- Riding in Patagonia's magical landscape
- REVEALED: Bill Clinton invited Jeffrey Epstein's alleged accomplice in sex ring to Chelsea's wedding AFTER multiple underage girls told police she had recruited them for pedophile
- Inside Country Radio’s Dark, Secret History of Sexual Harassment and Misconduct
- Welcome to the Age of Climate Migration
‘The Sandman’ Dethrones ‘Virgin River’ On Top Of Netflix’s Weekly Ratings, ‘Extraordinary Attorney Woo’ Sets New High have 628 words, post on deadline.com at August 9, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.