Scene 2 Seen Podcast is back in business!
Want to remind you all that I'll publishing episodes all weeks before going back o my regular publishing schedule of three times a month, on Tuesdays at 3:30 p.m. ET/12:30 p.m. PT. With that said, lets get into today's guest!
You may have first recognized Naturi Naughton from the platinum-selling pop trio 3LW. When her time in the group was over, she pursued acting and has been an unstoppable force.
Now she's trying her hand at directing, as she makes her helming debut with BET Her's short film Behind the Smile . Written by Lori Conway Ray, it focuses on a newly promoted anchorwoman who falls into a severe depression when she is forced to choose between her dream job and her vitiligo support group.
On the Starz show Power , Naughton plays Tasha St. Patrick. When she finished filming the sixth and final season of the show, the character moved to the spinoff Power Book II: Ghost , which debuted in 2020 and has now been renewed for a third season. For her role, Naughton received two NAACP Image Awards for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series.
Her work as an actress also includes her compelling performance as Lil Kim in Fox Searchlight's Notorious (a biopic about Brooklyn rapper Biggie Smalls), as well as her role as Denise Dupree in MGM's remake of the classic film Fame . She's made appearances on Mad Men, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The Playboy Club and The Client List . She also appeared on Broadway in the Tony Award-winning musical Hairspray for three years.
On today's episode, Naughton talks about the difference between acting and directing, being a Black woman in the entertainment industry, and discusses how she maintains self-care.
If you like what you hear, be sure to like, review, and subscribe to Deadline's Scene 2 Seen podcast on Apple Podcast and Spotify!
- Karen Gillan is red-hot thanks to 'Jumanji' and 'Avengers,' but her true passion? Directing
- Deadpool 2's Ryan Reynolds Didn't Like The Post-Credits Scene At First
- Hyper's quest - Sweden's lost genius and his struggle to overcome the most dominant team of his era
- Bong Joon-ho on weaving his personal memories into Parasite
- Review Of The Year and Total Film Readers' Awards
- The best Marvel movies – and the worst. All 22 MCU films ranked
- The 25 most anticipated shows debuting this spring
- Why you may never see Game of Thrones as it was meant to be seen
- John Wick Hex: The action ‘film’ that plays like a board game
- Which film is better: 'Alien' or 'Aliens'? We find out
- Sad cartoons and melancholic hip-hop inspired YouTube’s new vaporwave scene
- The best Marvel movies – and the worst. All 23 MCU films ranked
- PSVR Puzzle-Platformer Moss Debuts New Gameplay Footage
- Inside Tribeca Film Festival: Made with Unity projects debut at Tribeca Immersive – Unity Blog
- The Solo: A Star Wars Story writers discuss the film's tone: "We’re not dealing with the spiritual side"
- “It’s closer to a melee short film almost than a straight-on trailer”: The story behind making Dead Island’s ground-breaking trailer
- Detroit: Become Human’s risky storytelling approach is a new direction for David Cage
- Binge-watching Daredevil: Polygon discusses the violent, promising first episode
- Thor: Ragnarok’s post-credits scenes, explained (update)
- PC games that would actually make good movies
Scene 2 Seen Podcast: Naturi Naughton Discusses Her Film Directing Debut, And Overcoming Personal Obstacles have 556 words, post on deadline.com at August 10, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.