Akshay Kumar’s family entertainer Raksha Bandhan hit the big screens on August 11 alongside Aamir Khan’s Laal Singh Chaddha. Unfortunately, both the star-driven vehicles failed to impress the audience.
When it comes to Raksha Bandhan, the Aanand L Rai directorial witnessed a drop in box office collection on Day 2 after receiving an opening of Rs 8.28 Crore. It collected Rs 6.40 Crore on Friday taking the total two-day box office to Rs 14.60 Crore.
However, the film registered a slight increase in its footfalls on Day 3 (Saturday) with some word of mouth publicity. The Akshay Kumar’s film minted a box office collection of Rs 6.51 Crore. The total three-day collection now stands at Rs 21.11 Crore.
Trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted, “#RakshaBandhan shows no upturn on Day 3… Remains in the same range as Day 2, despite the weekend factor… 3-day total is definitely distressing… Needs to gather speed on the two big days [Sun-Mon]… Thu 8.20 cr, Fri 6.40 cr, Sat 6.51 cr. Total: ₹ 21.11 cr. #India biz.”
Earlier, before the film’s release, Akshay Kumar had addressed all the negativity surrounding around Bollywood films in recent times. Reacting to the ‘Boycott Raksha Bandhan’ trend on social media, the superstar had said, “As I just said this, it is a free country, everyone can do what they want. But this all ( Raksha Bandhan and Laal Singh Chaddha ) helps the economy of India. We are all on the verge of becoming the biggest and the greatest country. I would request them (trolls) and you (media), don’t get into it.”
Speaking about Raksha Bandhan , the film revolves around how Lala Kedarnath (Akshay Kumar) struggles to get his four sisters married. Sadia Khateeb, Sahejmeen Kaur, Deepika Khanna and Smrithi Srikanth essay the role of his on screen sisters. The family drama also features Bhumi Pednekar in a pivotal role.
Raksha Bandhan is Akshay Kumar’s third theatrical release this year after Bachchhan Paandey and Samrat Prithviraj .
- Savyasachi First Weekend Box Office Collections: Naga Chaitanya-R Madhavan's Film Crashes At The BO
- Super 30 box office collection day 4: Hrithik Roshan’s film passes Monday test, earns Rs 72.89 cr worldwide
- Pati Patni Aur Woh box office collection day 2: Kartik Aaryan’s film makes Rs 21.43 cr, eyes an impressive opening weekend
- Bandhan Bank 5 years on: The story of a sweet shop owner’s son who built a thriving private lender
- Is the time right for cinema unlocking as big south and Bollywood ventures mull taking digital route?
- Is this an end of star system in this OTT era? Industry experts weigh in
- COVID-19 impact: Some respite for multiplexes as shoots resume for big Bollywood films
- Ayushmann Khurrana's 'Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan' earns Rs 57.59 crore while Vicky Kaushal's 'Bhoot' surpasses the Rs 30 crore mark
- Happy birthday Gulzar: How the maverick filmmaker brought women to the fore
- The Brilliantly Disgusting
- West Africa's institutions must stand with their people
Raksha Bandhan Day 3 Box Office Collection: Akshay Kumar Starrer Witnesses Some Growth have 463 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at August 14, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.