Paappan , the Suresh Gopi-Joshiy project that hit the theatres on July 29, this year, emerged as a surprise hit. The investigation drama, which was released without a massive pre-release hype, earned superhit status at the box office, thanks to the exceptional reviews. As per the latest reports, Paappan has now crossed the 17-Crore mark at the box office.
According to the trade experts, the Suresh Gopi starrer has made a total gross collection of Rs. 15.06 Crore from the box office within the first 9 days of release. Paappan has made a gross collection of around Rs. 1.5 Crore on its 10th day of release, and thus the total Kerala box office collection has now crossed the 17-Crore mark.
The sources suggest that Paappan is nearing the prestigious 20-Crore mark at the worldwide box office, when the Rest Of India and overseas collections are considered. If things go at the same rate, the Joshiy directorial has all chances to cross the 30-Crore mark at the box office within its lifetime run. Paappan has already emerged as the all-time highest-grossing solo film of its leading man, Suresh Gopi.
To the uninitiated, Paappan had a limited release, with comparatively fewer screens in small towns and outside Kerala. But the movie is performing well owing to the positive reviews and word-of-mouth publicity. The Suresh Gopi-starrer reportedly had a slow start, as its first shows only had around 50 percent occupancy. However, things changed on the second day, and on the third day of release, when the collections even crossed the opening box office collection gross.
Paappan , which features Suresh Gopi as a retired police officer, features the actor’s elder son Gokul Suresh, Nyla Usha, Neeta Pillai, and others in the key roles. The Joshiy directorial is penned by radio jockey-writer RJ Shaan. The investigation drama is jointly produced by Sree Gokulam Movies, David Kachappilly Productions, and Iffaar Media.
- Jallikattu First Day Box Office Collections: Lijo Jose Pellissery Movie Gets A Rousing Reception!
- Katti Batti Saturday (2 Days) Box Office Collections: DISAPPOINTING!
- Romeo Akbar Walter Box office collection Day 1: John Abraham’s film starts on a slow note
- Nerkonda Paarvai Completes 50 Days; Box Office Collections Prove Ajith Kumar's Phenomenal Victory!
- Jabariya Jodi box office collection day 1: Sidharth Malhotra-Parineeti Chopra film opens at Rs 3.15 crore
- 'Gully Boy' Day 5 Box Office Collection: Ranveer-Alia starrer shows a solid hold on Monday, crosses 80 crore
- 'Commando 3' box office collection day 6: Vidyut Jammwal, Adah Sharma and Gulshan Devaiah's film witnesses a massive drop its collection
- Commando 3 Day 2 Box Office collections: Vidyut Jammwal starrer witnesses growth
- Sultan China Box Office: This Salman Khan Film Fails To Impress Unlike Aamir Khan's Dangal!
- ‘The Last Jedi’ Rises To $750M Global; ‘Jumanji’ Swings In With $50M Overseas Bow – International Box Office
- Boo 2! a Madea Halloween Kills the Box Office with $21.6M
- ‘The Last Jedi’ Skyrockets To $231M Overseas, $451M Global Bow; ‘Coco’ Tops $450M WW – International Box Office
- ’63 Up’ Debuts Solid On Thanksgiving Weekend, ‘Honey Boy’ Hits $1M, ‘Dark Waters’ Has OK Expansion – Specialty Box Office
- Happy New Year: 10 Bollywood Diwali Releases That Rocked Box Office
- Uri box office: Here are 6 records Vicky Kaushal’s film breaks as it earns Rs 115.87 cr
- Bharat box office day 10: Salman Khan’s film crawls towards Rs 200 cr mark, earns Rs 3.75 cr on second Friday
- Can The Revenant Stop Star Wars: The Force Awakens at The Box Office?
- Box Office Clash: Kartik Aaryan & Kriti Sanon’s ‘Luka Chuppi’ vs Sushant Singh Rajput’s ‘Sonchiriya’; Which film won the battle?
- Can Madea's Boo 2 Kill Off Happy Death Day at the Box Office?
- Manikarnika box office day 5: Kangana Ranaut’s film hits half-century, future remains uncertain
Paappan Box Office Collection 10 Days: Suresh Gopi's Investigation Drama Is A Superhit! have 593 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at August 8, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.