EXCLUSIVE: Ethan Coen looks to have found the leads for his untitled pic at Working Title and Focus Features. Sources tell Deadline that Margaret Qualley and Geraldine Viswanathan are set to star in the film, which will marks Coen's first time directing a film on his own after having spent his movie career co-directing and writing with his brother Joel.
As of now, plot and character details are being kept under wraps for the new pic, which Ethan Coen co-wrote with his wife Tricia Cooke. They are also producing with Robert Graf and Working Title's Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner.
Coen had been meeting with talent for months, with the roles quickly becoming some of the more coveted parts in the biz for up-and-coming actresses. In recent weeks, a shortlist was made and chemistry readings were held; in the end, insiders say Qualley and Viswanathan's screen tests could not be beat.
The film will shoot this fall.
Qualley has had herself quite the year going back to her acclaimed role in Netflix's limited series Maid. The part has earned her several nominations including a recent Emmy nom for leading actress in a limited series. On the film side, her pic Stars at Noon premiered at the Cannes Film Festival. She also has Sanctuary opening at the Toronto Film Festival next month.
Following her breakout roles in Blockers and Bad Education, Viswanathan has continued to stay busy most recently starring in The Broken Hearts Gallery for Sony Pictures. Up next for her is the Apple pic The Beanie Bubble.
Qualley is repped by UTA, Linden Entertainment and SOWD LLP. Viswanathan is repped by WME, 3 Arts Entertainment, Mollison Keightley Management and attorney Jim Gilio.
- Love of Westerns inspires Alden Ehrenreich’s Han Solo
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Everything you need to know before you go see it
- Alden Ehrenreich on playing Han Solo: Harrison Ford taught me 'everything I need to know'
- Alden Ehrenreich hits big time and flies Solo in A Star Wars Story
- See iconic 'Star Wars' actors then and now for May 4th Star Wars Day
- The solid ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ is an adventure worth taking
- Lonely universe: 'Solo' has little to add to 'Star Wars' empire
- 'Star Wars' prequel, 'Incredibles' sequel among summer's hottest movies
- Movies: Allentown's Amanda Seyfried stars in two dark dramas
- The 24 movies you've got to see this summer
- Summer movie guide: The 24 films everyone will be talking about
- Summer movies will offer an escape from reality
- Zazie Beetz, Vince Vaughn Join Cast of Jean Seberg Thriller Against All Enemies
- Film review: Blockers **
- Women with placards will march through Plymouth City Centre
- A guide to all the summer movies you’ll want to see, and when to catch them in Denver
- My vinyl countdown continues with a Beatles bootleg
- Real estate transfers: May 14-18
- Friday's Track and Field results
- They’re such a lot of Optmists at Chichester
Margaret Qualley And Geraldine Viswanathan To Star In Ethan Coen’s First Solo Directing Outing have 477 words, post on deadline.com at August 9, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.