Karthi and Lokesh Kanagaraj, the celebrated actor-director duo are all set to team up once again for the sequel of their blockbuster outing Kaithi. The movie, which has been titled Kaithi 2 , is expected to expand the universe created by the talented filmmaker, which has been called Lokesh Cinematic Universe AKA LCU. In a recent interview, Karthi dropped a major update on Kaithi 2 .
During his interaction with the media, the talented actor confirmed that the much-awaited sequel will start rolling by the first half of 2023. Karthi revealed that Lokesh Kanagaraj is planning to kickstart Kaithi 2 immediately, after he wraps up #Thalapathy67 , the upcoming Thalapathy Vijay-starrer. In that case, there are high chances for the Kaithi sequel to hit the theatres by the final quarter of 2023. #Thalapathy67 , on the other hand, is expected to go on floors by the first week of November, this year.
As reported earlier, Kaithi 2 is expected to reveal more about the central character Dilli, played by Karthi, and his connections with the world of crimes. Some unconfirmed reports also suggest that Kaithi and Lokesh Kanagaraj’s latest outing, the Kamal Haasan-starrer Vikram , might have a combined sequel as both the films belong to the same world. In that case, the Tamil cinema audiences might get a chance to witness a face-off between Karthi’s Dilli and Kamal Haasan’s character Agent Vikram.
Earlier, when answering fans’ questions, director Lokesh Kanagaraj had dropped a major hint regarding the connection between Kaithi and Vikram . A fan quizzed the filmmaker about how Arjun Das’ character Anbu from Kaithi re-appeared in Vikram, as he was supposed to be dead in that film. Lokesh Kanagaraj revealed that Anbu was not dead in the Karthi-starrer, and confirmed that this will be further explained in Kaithi 2 .
- Vijay To Reunite With 'Master' Director Lokesh Kanagaraj For Thalapathy 67?
- 3 Hypergrowth Stocks Expected to Increase Sales 21,551% to 948,737% by 2023
- 'It feels real now': Work starts on new school built inside former warehouse
- Cover Story: Record container rates keep the good times rolling for logistics players
- Jai Bhim Teaser Out: Suriya’s Vakeel Avatar Looks Promising, Film To Release On November 2
- Kamal Haasan and family get together, see pictures
- Newcastle after Overmars as DoF, Liverpool lead race for Bellingham transfer and Chelsea ‘back in for Kounde’
- FNB Corporation (FNB) Q3 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- Arsenal news LIVE: Ben White injury, Tierney and Holding concern, Leeds WIN reaction, Saliba set to STAY
- Why investors should pay attention to COP26 climate talks
- Nucor Corporation (NUE) Q3 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- NextEra Energy Partners (NEP) Q2 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- NextEra Energy, inc (NEE) Q3 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- Packaging Corp of America (PKG) Q1 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- PBF Energy (PBF) Q1 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- Freshpet (FRPT) Q4 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
- NorthWestern Corp (NWE) Q3 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
- Calix Inc (CALX) Q3 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- Crane Co (CR) Q3 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- Autumn Budget 2021 predictions - and what spending review could mean for you
Kaithi 2: The Karthi-Lokesh Kanagaraj Project To Start Rolling In 2023 have 473 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at August 10, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.