Jessica Klein , a writer and producer on Beverly Hills, 90210 for seven seasons, has died. She was 66. Her daughter Shira Rose confirmed on a Facebook post that the death of her mother was on July 13.
"My mom passed at 8:21am this morning. It was peaceful. We were together. Will share funeral and shiva information when I know. It will all be here in LA," Rose shared.
Klein died of pancreatic cancer after being diagnosed in November of the year before. The television producer and writer had been updating her friends and family about her health via a Facebook group, Rose said in a post shared on July 4.
It was in 1991 when Klein joined Beverly Hills, 90210 where she held credits as writer, story editor, and producer in 46 episodes of the Fox primetime soap. Klein worked alongside her husband Steve Wasserman who died in July 1998.
Klein also had writing credits on Capitol , Mancuso, FBI , Northern Exposure , Gabriel's Fire , and As The World Turns . Her last credit as a writer was in 2013 for the daytime soap One Life To Live where she participated in 39 episodes.
As a producer, Klein received a supervising producer credit for 20 episodes on The Other Kingdom in 2016 and a consulting producer credit for 22 episodes on Make It Pop between 2015 and 2016.
Back in 2019, Deadline reported that Klein had been hired by the studio Brat as VP of Programming and aimed to attract Generation Z.
- 'Beverly Hills, 90210' & Soap Star Jed Allan Dead at 84
- Joaquin Phoenix steps out in Beverly Hills... as his film Joker is set to earn '$1B at the box office'
- Remembering The Greatest: A signed photo with the Beatles, his cornerman's famous 'sting like a bee' robe and his Heavyweight Championship belt go on display at new Muhammad Ali exhibition in Beverly Hills
- Luke Perry: Inside the lives of the 90210 actor's two children after his tragic death
- Luke Perry's devastated 90210 co-star Shannen Doherty shares heartbreaking tribute
- The Greatest TV Writers Rooms Ever
- Robert Evans, Producer Of ‘The Godfather’ Dies At Age 89
- Mussoorie: A writers’ town in smartphone era
- Donn Chappellet, pioneering Napa vintner, dies
- Sexting and Kenny Loggins: Lennon Parham and Jessica St. Clair talk
- Revealed: Gene Wilder died holding hands with his family while listening to Somewhere Over the Rainbow... after Alzheimer's battle which he kept secret from fans so he wouldn't upset them
- George Michael Dies at 53
- School reunion: The cast of Grange Hill meet again on This Morning FORTY years after the show first hit screens – having gone on to be locksmiths, PR gurus and City workers (but what happened to their other co-stars?)
- Reginald Hill obituary
- ‘I did the best I could with what I had…’: writers on the Philip Roth they knew
- George Saunders: what writers really do when they write
- Has Its Nostalgia Both Ways
- Is Getting Another Reboot. What Does That Even Mean?
- Luke Perry’s Most Essential
- Peggy Stewart, Beloved Western and 'That's My Boy' Actress, Dead at 95
Jessica Klein Dies: ‘Beverly Hills, 90210’ Writer & Producer Was 66 have 519 words, post on deadline.com at August 14, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.