Jacqueline Fernandez was recently named as an accused in the chargesheet filed by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) in a multi-crore money laundering case linked to alleged conman Sukesh Chandrashekhar.
Following this, Jacqueline’s lawyer Prashant Singh in an interaction with ETimes, claimed that his client is innocent. He said that it is unfair to prosecute ‘innocent’ Jacqueline even without listening to her side of the story. He further added that the ‘fake offence’ is painful is her.
“Nobody has bothered to read the evidence filed by the ED. The entire evidence reflects that she is innocent. Be it a common man or a celebrity, every person has a right to live with dignity. She has worked immensely hard in life to achieve what she has achieved in her profession. Such frivolous allegations only tarnish the image unnecessarily,” Singh told the tabloid.
In another statement, the lawyer said that Jacqueline has always cooperated with the investigation agencies and attended all the summons issued till date. He also claimed that she is a victim of a larger criminal conspiracy.
He added, “She has handed over all the information to the best of her ability to the ED. The agencies have failed to appreciate that she was cheated and conned into this matter. She is a victim of larger criminal conspiracy.”
For the unversed, the ED has alleged that Sukesh Chandrashekhar had purchased gifts for the Kick actress with the money he had extorted from high-profile people including Aditi Singh and Shivinder Singh, the former promoters of the pharmaceutical company Ranbaxy.
With regards to work, Jacqueline was recently seen in Kiccha Sudeep’s Vikrant Rona .
- George Conway pens op-ed predicting Trump will lose Supreme Court case over tax disclosures
- Olivia Jade says she's 'so proud' of Lori Loughlin in Mother's Day tribute... after judge refuses to dismiss charges against actress in college admissions case
- Where are the transcripts? Flynn-Kislyak calls stay secret as requests for them grow
- Meet the federal judge who faces a big decision on Flynn case
- There's No 'Monica Lewinsky Type Dress' for Stormy Daniels, Her Lawyer Says About Allegations of Trump Affair
- Is this proof Johnny Depp DIDN'T hit Amber Heard? New questions over actress's injuries and damning evidence from key witnesses revealed in court papers for his $50m lawsuit against his ex-wife
- Obama, in leaked remarks with supporters, urges return to 'rule of law' while misstating law on Flynn case
- Curt Levey: Ed Dept. wants students accused of sexual misconduct to have rights Joe Biden wants for himself
- Why dismiss the Flynn case? Because the FBI can't prove it
- Flynn judge to allow 'amicus' submissions, delaying any immediate resolution to case
- Victim Sues Epstein’s Assistants for Allegedly Arranging Sexual Abuse
- Judge steers Flynn case into ‘completely uncharted waters’
- 'IRA victims will be angered and bewildered': Unionists call for inquiry into Gerry Adams' activities during The Troubles after Supreme Court overturns his convictions for trying to escape the Maze Prison in the 1970s
- Drugs, family breakdowns and sex abuse allegations led to Nick and Aaron Carter’s epic fallout
- Ezequiel Lavezzi and Natalia Borges call lawyers over sex tape blackmail plot
- Lori Loughlin confident her college admissions scandal case will be dropped
- He was lynched! Parents of unarmed black jogger, 25, shot and killed by two white men question why the 'vigilantes' haven't been arrested as LeBron James and Joe Biden lead calls demanding justice
- EXCLUSIVE: 'I'll never let it go.' Westworld star Louis Herthum - who was 16 when his two sisters were murdered execution-style - tells of his 50-year hunt for their killer and how he's discovered new evidence in an effort to crack the 1972 Miami cold case
- The Final Difficult Days of Brittany Murphy
- Special Report: For cops who kill, special Supreme Court protection
Jacqueline Fernandez's Lawyer Calls Allegations Against Actress 'Frivolous' In ED Case have 611 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at August 19, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.