In Fracassi's short story, a boy sparks an unlikely relationship with the personification of Death. As they grow older, and Death begins taking those closest to him, he is forced to question the sinister nature of their friendship.
Fracassi is the author of the award-winning story collection, Behold the Void , and his latest collection, Beneath a Pale Sky, was recently nominated for a Bram Stroker award. His upcoming novels include A Child Alone with Strangers (Skyhorse) and Gothic (Cemetery Dance).
He recently closed a two-book, six-figure deal with Tor Nightfire, an imprint of Macmillan, the first release of which will be the novel Boys in the Valley (Summer 2023).
As a screenwriter, Fracassi's films have been distributed by Lifetime Movie Network and Disney Entertainment. He has several stories currently under option by prominent production companies, as well as a major studio. Fracassi will adapt "Death, My Old Friend." Blackstone will publish the story in an upcoming collection.
Riggert has previously directed several advertising campaigns, including Super Bowl commercials, including spots for Apple, Vodafone, and Dodge.
Jib Polhemus of source | management + production will produce, along with Brendan Deneen and Josh Stanton of Blackstone Publishing.
"I've been looking for a feature project for some years now and I finally stumbled across a story that deeply resonated with me, a truly unique text filled with emotional power," said Riggert.
Polhemus recently produced Taurus, starring Colson Baker, aka Machine Gun Kelly, Maddie Hasson, Ruby Rose, Scoot McNairy, Lil Tjay and Naomi Wild, directed by Tim Sutton. Taurus premiered at the 2022 Berlinale, Tribeca Film Festival and is currently at the Karlovy Vary Film Festival.
He also produced Good Mourning starring Baker, Mod Sun, Whitney Cummings, Trippie Redd, Dove Cameron, Becky G and Megan Fox. Good Mourning is being distributed by Open Road and Cedar Park, and opened in theaters this past May.
Polhemus's next is Stowaway, starring Ruby Rose, Patrick Schwarzenegger, and Frank Grillo, directed by Declan Whitebloom.
Riggert and Polhemus are represented by Frank DeMartini, Esq.
- Film Debut For Spyker in Action Thriller “Rogue”
- Paige appalled at film review calling out the ‘chunky thighs’ of actress who plays her in Fighting With My Family
- Under Armour unveils Lindsey Vonn film ahead of Olympics
- American Horror Story 1984 season 9 title ripe with clues and red herrings
- Watch: Footage of CM Punk's horror movie, The Girl on the Third Floor
- From the author of ‘Pretty Little Liars,’ a new book that’s exactly what you’d expect
- Bubba Wallace's Daytona 500 debut to be featured in NASCAR documentary
- Confirmed: Toyota Supra (or a racing version) will debut at the Geneva auto show
- Our 5 favorite 2019 Ram 1500 interior features
- Feature Flashback: 1986 Honda Civic Si
- 2006 Los Angeles Auto Show Photos & Coverage
- Quick to Make Friends and Reach the Finish Line, Road King Kenny Safford was Drag-Racing Royalty
- 1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi First Drive
- The Icons – The ’32 Deuce, ’57 Chevy, and ’67 Camaro
- Top Projects For SEMA 2013 – Pro Projects!
- How to scratch your racing itch over winter
- Pinterest for Business: Everything You Need to Know
- The longest penalty in the world
- 1966 Dodge Hemi Charger – Return Of The “Lawman”
- Petty, Shelby, Smokey, Garlits, Granatelli, and Parnelli Set The Pace For 1967
Horror Author Philip Fracassi Story Optioned For Feature Film Debut have 554 words, post on deadline.com at August 6, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.