Against the eventful corporate backdrop of Warner Bros Discovery trimming expenses and trying to convince Wall Street of its strategy, the company is offering limited-term discounts on streaming service HBO Max for both new and existing subscribers.
Anyone signing up for a full-year plan by October 30 will pay $104.99 for the ad-free tier and $69.99 for the ad-supported one, a 30% savings compared with the going rates of $149.99 and $99.99. Compared with month-to-month pricing, which always runs higher than the year-at-a-time rate, the savings reach 42%. The deal is only for the first year and must be ordered through the HBO Max website or via distribution partners Roku, Google Play, Apple, and Amazon.
The lower prices are timed with the long-awaited rollout of Game of Thrones spinoff series House of the Dragon , which debuts this week.
Even before closing their merger last April, WBD execs indicated they plan to fuse HBO Max with Discovery+ into a single offering by next year. The company is also understood to be contemplating a name change and rebranding of the 2-year-old HBO Max.
As it aims to entice more subscribers into the fold, HBO Max is also bidding farewell to about three dozen titles, including the Harry Potter films and about 20 originals.
HBO Max recently began being measured weekly by Nielsen. It has charted with Friends , an enduringly popular acquired series, as well as the The Bob's Burgers Movie . Unlike in 2021, when HBO Max featured all 17 Warner Bros film releases on the same day they opened in theaters, the company has pursued a more conventional windows strategy for films. Titles like The Batman have moved to streaming only after about six weeks in theaters. Elvis , which has grossed more than $142 million domestically since its release on June 24, has already exceeded that timeline and the company has not yet confirmed its streaming destiny on HBO Max.
- HBO Max Offers First Look At ‘The Sopranos’ Prequel Along With Entire 2021 Slate
- HBO Max vs. Disney Plus: Comparing price, shows and more
- HBO Max Activations Double In Q4 To 17.2M, Driven By ‘Wonder Woman 1984’
- What’s new on HBO and HBO Max, and what’s leaving in February 2021
- When are Judas and The Black Messiah, Godzilla vs. Kong, Matrix 4 and more coming to HBO Max?
- HBO Max: What to know about the app streaming movies like The Little Things
- HBO Max: How to watch movies like The Little Things, Justice League Snyder Cut
- HBO Max: price, movies, the Snyder Cut and more explained
- HBO Max hits subscriber goal two years ahead of schedule
- Why can't HBO Max support 4K HDR, when Netflix and Disney Plus can?
- Get A Sneak Peek At Mortal Kombat, Space Jam, And Suicide Squad Movies In HBO Max Sizzle Reel
- New HBO Max trailer offers first looks at Mortal Kombat, Space Jam 2 and more
- HBO Max free trial: is it currently available?
- How to watch Search Party season 4 online: stream every new episode on HBO Max today
- AT&T Q4 2020: Consumers flock to HBO Max, but COVID recovery is far from reality
- Wonder Woman 1984 Helps Lift HBO Max Subscribers To New Heights
- HBO Max sizzle reel offers first look at 'Sopranos' prequel, other upcoming 2021 movies
- HBO Max Hits Nearly 29 Million Subscribers
- How to watch The Little Things online: stream the new Denzel movie on HBO Max now
- Harry Potter TV show is in the early stages at HBO Max, report says
HBO Max Offers Discounts Of Up To 42% To New And Existing Subscribers have 550 words, post on deadline.com at August 18, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.