The move is part of a larger rebranding operation by parent company Koch Media Group, which is also a major video games developer and publisher.
From now on, the parent group will be known simply as Plaion, pronounced "play-on".
Based just outside Munich, Koch Films is one of Germany 's theatrical distributors. Recent high-profile acquisitions have included Parasite , Titane , The Worst Person In The World and Cannes 2022 titles Broker , Decision To Leave , Mascarade and Men .
"Koch Films has developed from a sales organization primarily active in German-speaking Europe to an international film company. The new brand Plaion Pictures stands for our international plans and ambitions," said CEO Stefan Kapelari.
Managing director Jochen Walter said the rebranding heralded a more ambitious international strategy.
"In addition to our publishing and distribution activities, we established ourselves as the largest multi-channel network in Germany," he said.
"Now we want to expand this approach to other countries and regions. To achieve this ambitious goal, we focus our activities on the expansion and associated internationalization of our business and the development of new digital sales channels worldwide."
Plaion Pictures is a 100% subsidiary of Plaion, which in turn has been part of the Swedish Embracer Group since 2018.
- 'Thank you boss!': Germany's conservatives say fond goodbye to Merkel
- Wes Anderson, Norway teen massacre films lead Berlin fest race
- Much anticipated 8th Wathann Film Festival starts September 5
- ‘Burning’ shortlisted for foreign language Oscars, first for Korean film
- 18 for ’18: the talent and trends tipped for the top in 2018
- German director Fatih Akin defends horror flick against #MeToo criticism
- Binoche hails starring role for women as Berlin filmfest opens
- Groundbreaking and game-changing
- They are off & running!
- Global box office had record 2018, earning US$96.8b
- Global box office had record 2018, earning $96.8 billion
- The 33 richest people on earth
- Morgan Spurlock’s #MeToo confession crippled ‘Super Size Me 2,’ and a main subject of the movie feels abandoned
- Coming to a TV near you! Christa Billich, Gordana Willesee and Lisa Oldfield top the list of rumoured cast members for upcoming Real Housewives Of Sydney
- Me, myself and my parents
- Toronto’s Lakeview diner adds Oscar-inspired dessert
- Russia honors greatest land weapon of World War II
- Daisy Ridley is joined by Oscar Isaac and John Boyega as they promote Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker at Disney's D23
- Shaper of a nation's conscience
- Happening now in Ontario: the great populist bakeoff
Germany’s Koch Films Rebrands As Plaion Pictures have 405 words, post on deadline.com at August 9, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.