Vijay Deverakonda became a national sensation with his ‘new-age angry man’ act in Sandeep Reddy Vanga’s 2017 Telugu blockbuster Arjun Reddy. As Arjun, a surgeon who takes to the bottle and spirals into self-destruction post heartbreak, the actor owned every moment on screen.
In the last couple of years, the young star has earned a wide-spread fan base across the country. Off screen too, there’s something raw and real about him. He’s not the one to mince his words. No wonder, his fans called ‘rowdies’ can never get enough of him.
After taking the South Film Industry by storm, Vijay has his eyes now on the pan India audience with his upcoming release Liger. Helmed by Puri Jaganath, the film has him essaying a mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter with a stammer.
Ahead of the film’s release, recently, when Filmibeat caught up with Vijay Deverakonda , we asked him if it has become tougher for him to hold on to his individuality and his thought process, both as an actor and a person after his shot to stardom in the last few years.
Vijay told us, “Can I hold on to myself and my individuality? Completely. Nothing changes that. I am vocal? Yes. But maybe the more popular you get, you decide not to speak your mind always. It’s like people don’t need to know what I am thinking. My opinion on everything doesn’t matter. Because, there are already millions of opinions on every topic. Now, if I add something in it, it’s not going to help.”
The actor further said that over the years while working in the industry, he has learnt that he doesn’t need to be always vocal about how he feels. However, he also added that at the core, he is the same person who he was earlier.
“Maybe, before, I would speak a lot more on everything that I felt about. Now, I have learnt that you don’t need to always vocalise what you feel. Sometimes, it’s just better to shut up. You can talk to your friends about what you feel. But, it doesn’t change who I am. I still feel the same way and I am still the same person. In the core, like Vijay Deverakonda who is not an actor is still the same boy,” Vijay told Filmibeat.
Liger also features Ananya Panday and Ramya Krishnan in pivotal roles. The film is slated to hit the theatrical screens on August 25.
- Samantha Ruth Prabhu & Vijay Deverakonda-starrer 'Kushi' to release on December 23
- I’m 26 & just bought a £245k home – I don’t need Rishi’s £400 energy bill gift but it’s free money so I’ll take it
- Why are companies that don’t support their Black employees suddenly so vocal during Black History Month?
- 'I feel shame' Sue Perkins makes candid admission as she learns about family past
- Exclusive: Inside Downton Abbey's Allen Leech and Jessica Blair Herman's star-studded wedding
- Joe Clarke exclusive: 'I’ve been called a rapist… I know what I did was wrong'
- Harry 'needs to make money' as Royal Family 'exclusion' left Duke without 'fairy dust'
- Georgia Toffolo admits she feels 'desperately sad' for Meghan Markle and Prince Harry
- I spend hours getting ready for Asda, I’m trolled, I don’t care, I want to be the hottest woman in the supermarket
- I was on Love Island – here’s why newbies couple up with people they don’t fancy & how long you ACTUALLY have to leave
- Lokesh Kanagaraj on ‘Vikram’: Kamal Haasan has been running a one-man relay
- Samantha Proves She's Ultimate MCU Fan, Raves About Christian Bale's Look In Thor: Love And Thunder
- Don’t Stop Using the Term ‘Cancel Culture’
- I’m proud of sexy mag pics – and at 44 I’d do another bikini shoot, says Rachel Stevens
- I had my dreams crushed on Little Mix The Search but now I’m an America’s Got Talent sensation says Brit TV reject
- I have NEVER been cool – Howard thinks he is and Jason really was but not me, admits Take That’s Mark Owen
- Jodie Comer in new security scare after ‘odd’ fan carrying flowers waited for her outside theatre
- Don’t Sleep on Emmy Rossum’s Bonkers Blonde Bombshell Masterpiece ‘Angelyne’
- Can’t visit all of our 101 best California experiences? Don’t miss the top 10
- Love Island secrets the producers REALLY don’t want you to know – including the hidden place contestants go to have sex
EXCLUSIVE! Vijay Deverakonda: I Have Learnt That You Don't Need To Always Vocalize Your Feelings have 738 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at August 10, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.