Hasbro , which bought eOne for $4 billion in 2019, announced his departure this morning, indicating it would articulate a full transition plan before Throop's exit becomes final.
"Darren built a team with deep passion, creativity and talent and, on behalf of all of us at Hasbro, I thank him for his steadfast leadership," Hasbro CEO Chris Cocks said. "Entertainment continues to be a cornerstone of our strategy. With over 200 projects in development across film, scripted and unscripted television, the eOne team is working on over 35 development projects for Hasbro brands. … Darren's vision and legacy will be felt for years, and we wish him all the best in his next chapter."
Hasbro's roster of properties includes Transformers, Magic, D&D, Peppa Pig, My Little Pony, Power Rangers and Play-Doh.
Throop last year was also elected chairman of the board at Imax. His three-decade-plus run in the entertainment business began when he founded an independent music store in Halifax, Nova Scotia. It expanded to become a larger chain across Canada and, a couple of incarnations later, was renamed EntertainmentOne. From its origins in music, eOne expanded into film and TV. As it cultivated its own original properties, eOne became a force in international distribution, handling shows like The Walking Dead for AMC until 2019.
"As eOne and Hasbro have hit their stride, we have already begun to see what is possible working together. We have been working towards this milestone from the moment eOne joined Hasbro, and I'm proud to see the vision being realized through Hasbro's shared passion for creativity and storytelling. Looking to the future, I have tremendous confidence in Hasbro and eOne leadership to continue to build on eOne's track record of bringing outstanding entertainment to audiences," Throop said. "I have had the privilege of leading eOne for more than 20 years and I am incredibly proud of the team, and what we built together. I want to thank the visionary leaders, world-class colleagues, and extraordinary eOners, past and present, who made this amazing adventure possible."
- We’ve struck deals! Brexiteer pours cold water on Remoaners one year on from historic deal
- Search for William Tyrrell's remains to end this week
- Ralf Rangnick suffers blow to reunion plans as Man Utd 'rejected' by transfer chief
- Daniel Craig granted same distinction as James Bond in New Year Honours list as Bond producer Barbara Broccoli made CBE
- Eleven driving changes and laws coming into force next year - starting on January 1
- Patrick Mahomes inspires fourth quarter comeback to end 50 years of hurt for Kansas City
- RBL Bank MD & CEO Vishwavir Ahuja steps down
- Jack Dorsey steps down as Twitter CEO; IIT Bombay alumnus Parag Agrawal is successor
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce react to 'special moment' in OT comeback win over Chargers
- Thai Political Foes Accuses Army Chief of Meddling
- Year In Review: Biggest Sports Stories Of 2021
- Year In Review: Biggest News Stories Of 2021
- Indian Army Chief Gen MM Naravane Calls For Global Cooperation To Handle Any Pandemic-Like Situation
- Boris wants to offer Covid guidance NOT restrictions for New Year parties
- Yearender 2021: A fairytale year for Rani Rampal-led Indian Women's Hockey Team
- Seoul, Washington agree on draft for end-of-war declaration: minister
- Damehood for head of chaos-hit Covid testing system in New Year Honours list
- London theatre in peril amid West End closures as Hamilton, The Lion King and Book Of Mormon scrap shows amid Covid outbreak
- Laura Kuenssberg QUITS politics role at BBC after seven years for new opportunity
- UK drivers rage against ban on private car ownership in cities ‘First step to communism!’
EOne Chief Darren Throop Will Step Down At End Of Year have 614 words, post on deadline.com at August 16, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.