Vila moves up from his Head of Audio and Unscripted Television post and will oversee the Latin-focused outfit's film and TV content strategy. He is a former Vice President of Programming at Fusion TV where he exec produced, created and hosted the likes of political sketch comedy show Happy Ending, while he also exec produced Emmy-nominated documentary The Naked Truth: Trumpland.
Vila succeeds Eilemberg, who became CEO of the Lil' Heroes NFT franchise last month when Exile took a majority stake in that franchise.
Founded in 2019 by former Univision and Televisa Chief Content Officer Isaac Lee, Exile creates films, TV series and non-scripted TV for the world's 550M Spanish speakers, with recent projects including Todo Va A Estar Bien , co-produced with Diego Luna for Netflix, and docu-series Un Sueño Real , in partnership with journalist Ana Pastor for HBO.
In May, Kevin Mayer and Tom Staggs ' acquisitive Candle Media acquired the firm, which joined a Candle roster including Reese Witherspoon's Hello Sunshine and global kids powerhouse Moonbug Entertainment . Mayer and Staggs recently told Deadline they are looking to close two or three more deals in the near term.
Lee said: "Exile's recent acquisition by Candle Media is a testament to the opportunities we stand to capitalize on as we continue to create and launch new content across multiple platforms, and expand Latino representation in media.
"Under Nando's guidance, Exile is well-positioned to further establish itself as the leading Spanish-language studio creating premium content for global audiences."
- Cheryl Png and Stanley Fernandes appointed as territory distribution leads for BBC Studios Asia Pacific
- Apple rolls out the red carpet to promote the new shows and movies coming to its streaming service
- Elton John and Bernie Taupin Look Back At ‘Goodbye Yellow Brick Road’
- Black films matter – how African American cinema fought back against Hollywood
- Skydance Gets $275M Infusion From RedBird Capital & ‘Parasite’ Studio CJ, Raising Valuation To $2.3B
- "I Need to Be Careful": Texts Reveal Warner Bros. CEO Promoted Actress Amid Apparent Sexual Relationship
- Radical Figures review – sex, snakes, sprouting heads and flying burgers
- 'Unprecedented hostility': Murdoch, the government, and an ABC under attack
- Hollywood is more diverse than ever. So why are the Oscars still so white?
- BBC, Sony, Framestore Make Asia Appointments
- Netflix Inks Three-Year Renewal With John Malone’s Liberty Global for Europe
- Soumission by Michel Houellebecq review – France in 2022
- Demi Lovato Shares Unedited Bikini Photo as She Celebrates Her Cellulite 'Unafraid and Proud'
- Spotify Acquires Bill Simmons’ The Ringer as Part of Podcast Push
- Mick Jagger Remembers
- A song and a prayer
- Hugh Masekela obituary
- The best virtual reality from the 2017 Sundance Film Festival
- Purple rainbow! Arc of light forms over Prince's estate as fans gather there and across the country to mourn his death
- See What Our Music Stars Are Doing To The World
Candle Media-Backed Exile Content Studio Promotes Nando Vila To Head Of Studio have 488 words, post on deadline.com at August 9, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.