Michael Winterbottom 's highly-anticipated series, which profiles the early days of the COVID pandemic under Johnson's premiership, has been picked up by Movistar+ (Spain), Viaplay (Nordics and Baltics, Poland and the Netherlands), Cosmote (Greece), OSN TV and OSN+ (MENA), M-Net (South Africa), BBC First (Australia) and TVNZ (New Zealand), amongst others.
Fremantle said further deals will be unveiled in the coming weeks. A U.S. buyer has not yet been announced.
The show will debut on September 21 on Sky in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Italy.
Fremantle International CEO Jens Richter called This England a "truly unique drama that combines Michael Winterbottom's talent for conveying powerful real-world stories with a stunning performance from Kenneth Branagh."
He added: "This dramatic behind the scenes dramatization of how the government, the scientists, the medical community and ordinary people around England faced these extraordinary events will fascinate and compel viewers. We are honoured to partner with such a fantastic array of buyers to bring this incredible story to audiences around the world."
This England is produced by Richard Brown's Passenger and Revolution Films and covers events in government interwoven with stories around the country from experts, scientists, doctors, nurses and care-home workers. It was commissioned by Gabriel Silver, Director of Drama Commissioning at Sky Studios for Zai Bennett, Sky UK's Managing Director of Content.
- Where was Boris Johnson today and why didn’t he host the coronavirus press briefing?
- Day One in Lockdown UK: High streets and shopping centres are deserted as Britons' way of life is ripped up without pubs, cafes and gyms as Boris Johnson thanks little girl for cancelling her birthday party twice due to virus
- Fans want Gareth Southgate as PM after ‘typically classy’ open letter to England fans amid coronavirus crisis
- Crisis-fighter Bailey returns to Bank of England just as coronavirus storm hits
- Man Utd legend Ruud van Nistelrooy top scoring Premier League star with all letters of word ‘isolate’ in his name
- Boris Yaro, Times photographer who took iconic image of mortally wounded RFK, dies
- Rishi Sunak has given us wartime finance fit for wartime economic conditions
- FTSE 100 closes up 9% by 452 points 5,446 in its highest ever daily points gain despite coronavirus UK lockdown - 24 hours after US Federal Reserve pledged to pump economy with cash
- Who is speaking at today’s coronavirus press briefing?
- John Lewis closes all 50 shops for first time in its 155-year history due to coronavirus (including flagship Oxford Street store that last closed when it was bombed by the Nazis in 1940)
- TV BAFTAs are POSTPONED as the coronavirus pandemic brings Britain's television industry to its knees with Celebrity Juice filming suspended, doubts over the future of This Morning and a shortage of A-list chat show guests
- Rishi Sunak's blank cheque to save jobs and businesses: Government to cover 80% of workers' salaries up to £2,500 a month, defer VAT bills and increase welfare payments by £7billion in extraordinary package to fight coronavirus crisis
- James Corden in 'One Man, Two Guvnors' to Kick Off NT Live Free Programming
- California governor Gavin Newsom issues statewide 'Stay At Home' order for 40 million people with NO END DATE - after warning 26 million WILL catch coronavirus in next eight weeks
- NHS doctor fights for life: Ear, nose and throat consultant, 52, is on life support amid fears many more medics will catch coronavirus
- NHS boss slams shameless panic-buyers and demands they STOP clearing Britain's shelves and think of NHS workers - including one who was reduced to tears when there was nothing to buy - as coronavirus cases total passes 4,000 and death toll hits 178
- Coronavirus latest: UK rolls out nationwide lockdown
- Coronavirus map: How many deaths have there been from Covid-19 so far?
- The Perfect Storm: Why Coronavirus Poses Big Threat to Jobs And Incomes in Post-Brexit UK Economy
- Illinois announces stay at home order, following New York and California, putting 70 MILLION Americans under lockdown as the states take matters into their own hands after Trump refused a national coronavirus quarantine
Boris Johnson Drama ‘This England’ Starring Kenneth Branagh Sells To 88 Territories have 680 words, post on deadline.com at August 18, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.