Netflix’s hit series Stranger Things Season 4 premiered its last two anticipated episodes on July 1, 2022. With the release, the show has passed a new milestone and broke Nielsen Streaming Record. According to reports, Stranger Things has 7.2 Billion minutes of viewing time.
The show now had the biggest weekly total for any streaming programme since weekly rankings were introduced almost two years ago, as per The Hollywood Reporter. According to Nielsen, no other show has clocked in 6 Billion minutes in a single week. Back in May, season 4 of Stranger Things got 5.14 Billion minutes of viewership for May 23-29 week, for a two-week total of 12.34 Billion minutes.
Earlier in 2020, in the middle of the lockdown, Tiger King and Ozark surpassed 5 Billion minutes. Meanwhile, Variety reported that Netflix crashed for some users (under 10,000) after the viewership saw a peak at roughly 3 am ET. The issue reportedly was taken care of within 20 minutes and the service was restored.
Meanwhile, fans have been wondering if Stranger Things will return with the season finale next year with a split format. However, in an interview, creators Matt and Ross Duffer explained that the split-format approach was largely due to prior delays and the final episodes not being completely ready for the may release date.
Calling it a forced experiment, Matt had told Variety, “I’m excited that we still basically have what is a massive movie to drop in July. … We’ll see how it goes in whether we do that again but a lot of it’s gonna be dictated by the story.”
Stranger Things Season 4 ended with a cliffhanger as Max is in coma at the hospital, and Vecna/Henry/One has opened his gates into Hawkins. The finale ended with the group watching over Hawkins as it slowly turns into the Upside-Down grey world.
- ‘Embarrassed’ Lily Allen thinks she might have been offered a role on Stranger Things
- Stranger Things season 4: release date, plot, theories, and more
- Animated nursery rhymes channel on YouTube becomes the first account to surpass ONE BILLION weekly views as parents turn to it to keep their kids entertained during lockdown - helping to boost its net worth to $317M
- Kathryn Hahn and Tamara Jenkins Break Down
- BREAKING NEWS: Donald Trump says he would 'SHUT DOWN' Twitter if he could as he signs executive order against 'anti-conservative bias' on social media and claims it is 'a threat to freedom itself' – but won't delete his account
- In Six Seconds, Giphy Could Make Billions
- ‘Godzilla’ Loses Teeth With $49M Opening, But Counter-Programming Excels For First Time This Summer With ‘Rocketman’ & ‘Ma’
- How to watch Billions: stream the hit show online anywhere for free
- From Nymphomaniac to Stranger By the Lake, is sex in cinema getting too real?
- HBO's $4.8 billion new streaming service Max launches TODAY to rival Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu - but will its hefty $15 per-month fee be its downfall?
- Celebrate The Empire Strikes Back 40th Anniversary with the Original 35-Minute Super 8 Home Release
- Would you let a stranger hypnotise you over Zoom? It’s the new way to treat isolation insomnia, so FLIC EVERETT gave it a whirl
- Wayne Rooney has equalled the record – but what does the future hold for striker?
- The Hill's Coronavirus Report: Mastercard CEO Ajay Banga says supporting small business single most important thing we should do now; Teva's Brendan O'Grady says U.S. should stockpile strategic reserve in drugs like Strategic Oil Reserve
- Ministers squirm as they insist Dominic Cummings did NOT break rules by driving 260 miles to parents' home with his family while he was in coronavirus self-isolation - as maverick No10 chief insists he 'doesn't care' if it looks bad
- 5 things to know for May 19: Vaccine, hydroxychloroquine, symptoms, EU, al Qaeda
- Understanding India’s streaming platforms industry in the context of lockdown
- Ronan Farrow: master #MeToo reporter hit by surprise New York Times takedown
- 'Fastest ever' internet speed capable of downloading 1,000 HD movies in under a second is recorded in Australia - and it is four million times faster than the country's average connection
- The best snacks, drinks to go with your TV viewing
Stranger Things 4 Breaks Streaming Record With 7.2 Billion Minutes Of Viewing Time have 698 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at July 2, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.