Adele says she was gutted by the criticism surrounding the cancelation of her Vegas residency, but still … she has no regrets.
Adele, you’ll recall, announced back in January, just a day before her residency was supposed to open, that she was postponing it. At the time she seemed to say the problems were COVID and production-related , but stories surfaced that folks on the production team said she was impossible to please.
@adele / Twitter
Adele has now addressed it, telling the BBC , “I definitely felt everyone’s disappointment and I was devastated and I was frightened about letting them down.” She went on … “I was a shell of a person for a couple of months. I just had to wait it out and just grieve it, I guess, just grieve the shows and get over the guilt, but it was brutal.”
But, then she held her ground, saying, “I thought I could pull it together and make it work and I couldn’t, and I stand by that decision. I’m not going to just do a show because I have to or because people are going to be let down or because we’re going to lose loads of money. I’m like, the show’s not good enough."
She said she’s working on rescheduling, but it seems there have been more problems … there were reports she tried a different venue but that apparently didn’t materialize.
Residency aside, Adele killed in London over the weekend … the first time she’s done a live concert in 5 years, much to the delight of 65,000 fans. She stopped the show several times when a few fans had medical issues.
- Police investigating charges against others in Las Vegas strip massacre, lawyer says
- Plans Announced For Las Vegas Entertainment and Distribution Business
- Undocumented Las Vegas woman nearing legal status detained, ordered out
- Las Vegas mother on verge of legal residency detained, ordered out of US
- Ex-Judge's Son Gets 3-11 for Hollywood-Style Heist of $1.5M in Chips from Las Vegas Casino
- Elon Musk Firm Pitched to Build Transit System in Las Vegas
- Dalia Dippolito’s Attorney Was Nearly Victim in Las Vegas Shooting
- California residents flee to Las Vegas suburb to avoid high taxes
- Man With Cancer Who May Lose Penis, Prepares For Las Vegas Wedding
- Poll Finds Las Vegas Shooting Doesn’t Alter Opinions On Guns
- Police body-camera videos show views of Vegas shooter's room
- Giuliani says Trump lawyer Michael Cohen 'has no incriminating information about the president'
- Trump says he's an 'absolute no' on Puerto Rico statehood if critics remain in office
- Down and Out in Beverly Hills: A 'devastated' Kyle Sandilands looks downcast at breakfast as he continues to hide out in LA amid the fallout from his controversial Virgin Mary sex 'joke'
- At least 15 dead, man in custody in Texas shooting, police say
- Shooting Victim Steve Scalise Says 2nd Amendment ‘Predates’ Bill of Rights
- 'Fair use' doctrine should be consistent and protect copyright owners, ABA House says
- Free or not? Washingtonians have say on fate of '80s kingpin
- Couture says he’s not looking past Nogueira
- Florida AG Says She Won’t Accept O.J. But He Might Go Anyway
Adele Says She Was 'Devastated' After Postponing Las Vegas Residency have 521 words, post on www.tmz.com at July 3, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.