Moblo becomes EVP, Creative Acquisitions and IP Management at the NBCUniversal studio. He was previously Director of IP Scouting at the streamer.
"Jordan has impeccable taste in identifying and securing intellectual property that can be brought to series," said Pearlena Igbokwe, Chairman, USG. "We're beyond pleased to have his expertise in sourcing and acquiring projects across the entire USG portfolio while building a team to acquire compelling content that aligns with and broadens our notable roster."
Moblo will be responsible for sourcing and acquiring content for Universal Television, UCP, Universal International Studios and Universal Television Alternative Studio.
He will report directly to Universal Television President Erin Underhill, UCP and Universal International Studios President Beatrice Springborn and Universal Television Alternative Studio President Toby Gorman.
He will expand the studio's IP team and oversee global book and IP acquisitions for both scripted and non-scripted projects across broadcast, cable, streaming and podcasting. He will also manage the studio's podcast division, USG Audio, and graphic novel imprint, USG Graphic.
Before joining Netflix in 2021, Moblo was the Director and co-head of the Creative Acquisitions department at Disney Television Studios and prior to that, he was Director of Creative Acquisitions at 20th Television.
Projects he has helped secure include ABC's Will Trent , Hulu's A Court Of Thorns And Roses and Malibu Rising and Disney+'s Paola Santiago And The River Of Tears .
- The best Netflix original series that you can stream right now
- The 70 best Netflix series to watch right now
- The 55 best Netflix series to watch right now
- The 60 best movies on Netflix to watch now
- The 75 best movies on Netflix to watch now
- Netflix new arrivals this week: ‘The Sinner’, ‘Da 5 Bloods’, ‘The Woods’ and more
- Executive Turntable: Epic Records Names CFO, StageIt Hires New Team as Livestreams Surge
- Reopening Hollywood: CEO Of Georgia’s Blackhall Studios Retrofits His Production Hub For Return
- With Netflix’s ‘Cheer,’ Greg Whiteley Showcases The Grit & Stunning Athleticism Of The Navarro College Cheer Team
- Executive Turntable: 300 Entertainment Names Creative Head, Sony/ATV Appoints India Office Lead
- How Georgia Hopes to Lead Hollywood's Return to Production
- Netflix is missing one big thing. It just added it with its new superstar hire
- Spin Master Hires Former Universal, Disney Exec for Toy Franchise Development
- Diversity Scrutiny At Paradigm Following Blackout Tuesday Pledge; Agency Now Seeks To Hire Exec To Lead Effort To Increase Diversity Hiring & Mentorship
- The 25 best thrillers to watch on Netflix right now
- Coronavirus live updates: New restrictions in California could lead to longer economic downturn
- Sacha Baron Cohen crashes far right rally and leads a racist singalong
- After saving his own life with a repurposed drug, a professor reviews every drug being tried against Covid-19. Here's what he's found
- Punjab Police chief Dinkar Gupta empanelled to hold DG post at Centre
- Disney Plus: Everything you need to know
Universal Studio Group Hires Netflix’s Jordan Moblo To Lead IP Division have 481 words, post on deadline.com at June 23, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.