While Scott has already performed publicly since the disaster — he played a late-night set in Miami in May and played private events for a pre-Oscars party and a Coachella afterparty — the show marks the first of his own ticketed concerts. Scott's been trickling back into live shows this year on the festival circuit with headlining dates at Primavera Sound in Buenos Aires, Argentina, Santiago, Chile and São Paulo, Brazil coming up this fall. Earlier this month, Scott was announced as a headliner for Day n' Vegas, his first U.S. festival since Astroworld. Scott also performed at the Billboard Music Awards in May.
Scott, alongside Astroworld's promoters Live Nation and Scoremore among several other defendants, is currently facing hundreds of lawsuits and up to hundreds of millions of dollars in potential damages following the deaths of 10 people and injuries to hundreds of others after a brutal crowd surge at Scott's Astroworld Festival in Houston last November. Since the event, Scott and his team have repeatedly denied any liability for the event and launched a foundation called Project HEAL , whose initiatives include addressing concert safety. The initiative also includes scholarships at Historically Black Colleges and Universities, a continuation from a similar initiative he started with the Cactus Jack Foundation in in 2020.
"My team and I created Project HEAL to take much needed action towards supporting real solutions that make all events the safest spaces they can possibly be," Scott wrote on Instagram to announce the foundation in March. "I will always honor the victims of the Astroworld tragedy who remain in my heart forever."
Tericia Blount, whose 9-year-old grandson Ezra Blount was among the victims who died from their injuries after Astroworld previously criticized the foundation as a means of winning over the public's favor. "It's a PR stunt. He's pretty much trying to sway the jurors before they're even assembled," Blount told Rolling Stone in March. "He's trying to make himself look good, but it doesn't look that way to someone with our eyes. What we're seeing is that he's done wrong, and now he's trying to be the good guy and trying to give his own verdict on safety."
Scott's performance at the 20,000-capacity O2 Arena will be put on by AEG and UK concert promoters SJM.
- Drake, Travis Scott, Halsey & More React to Juice WRLD’s Death: ‘You Were Just Getting Started'
- Kylie Jenner Slams Fake Photo of Travis Scott with Another Woman: ‘You’re Messing with Real People’
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott spark rumors they’re back on as they play happy families at Disney World with Stormi
- Kim Kardashian Doesn’t Know if Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott Are Engaged: 'I’m Going to Ask'
- Maroon 5, Backed by Travis Scott & Big Boi, Officially Confirmed as Super Bowl Headliners
- Kylie Jenner Is Already Planning 5-Month-Old Daughter Stormi's 'Epic' First Birthday Party
- Kylie Jenner accentuates her curvaceous figure in a clingy black maxi dress as she leaves Rosalía concert
- Chance the Rapper, John Mayer, more celebrate Mac Miller at emotional tribute concert
- David Attenborough says Australia's bushfires a 'major international catastrophe' and calls for climate action
- Shakira Reveals Her Plans to Perform the 'Best Show of My Career' at the Super Bowl on Her Birthday
- Oakland loses another major airline: JetBlue
- Celine Dion Speaks On Mother's Death, Final Family Moments During Miami Concert
- Taylor Swift Says She 'Didn't Care About Repercussions' When Releasing Political Post, Wanted 'To Be On Right Side Of History'
- 'Slowly, change is coming': life for women in the post-Soviet world
- Zayn Malik Cancels Concert Due to Suffering 'Extreme Anxiety'
- Grants and low-interest loans announced for small businesses hit with major asset or revenue losses from bushfires
- Dunn wants to be deliberate on major capital projects
- Tasmanian election: Hobart psychiatrist warns of constant bed block, as Labor unveils mental health plan
- From Welcoming a Baby Together to Their Joint
- The 10 Best Songs of 2018
Travis Scott Plans First Major Post-Astroworld Concert have 699 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at June 27, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.