The filmmaker will receive the career achievement prize on September 21 at a ceremony in the festival's main Victoria Eugenia Theatre, followed by a gala screening of controversial Cannes 2022 Palme d'Or contender Crimes of the Future .
The body horror thriller – starring Viggo Mortensen, Léa Seydoux and Kristen Stewart – divided spectators in Cannes, prompting both walk-outs and a six-minute ovation.
Cronenberg has only attended San Sebastian once before in his career with Eastern Promises , which was the opening film in 2007.
Previous filmmakers to have received the Donostia Award include Francis Ford Coppola, Woody Allen, Oliver Stone, Agnès Varda, Hirokazu Koreeda and Costa-Gavras.
French actress Juliette Binoche will also be honored with a Donostia Award this year.
- San Sebastian Chief Updates On 2020 Fest: “Many Delegates” Expected, U.S. Movie Prospects & Controversial Directors
- Netflix Is A Joke Fest Sets Live Shows With Ali Wong, Amy Schumer, Jamie Foxx, David Letterman, Wanda Sykes And More Comedy Legends
- LMGI Awards Honor ‘Once Upon A Time…In Hollywood’ And ‘Last Black Man In San Francisco’
- SF had the country’s premier fine dining scene. Do Michelin stars matter now?
- The Ultimate 100 Horror Films to Watch This Halloween According to Critics
- ‘Harvey Milk: His Lives and Death,’ by Lillian Faderman
- FMIA Week 5: Rescheduled Games, Fired Coaches and Pain in Dallas—A Look Back at the NFL’s Newsy Sunday
- Here's how NFL Sunday games highlighted racial inequality in the US
- Great Scot: Nobody Pushes Sean Connery Around
San Sebastian To Honor David Cronenberg With Donostia Award have 265 words, post on deadline.com at June 24, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.