A ticket to see a play or musical in London's West End will cost 21% more than before the pandemic, according to new research by theatre publication The Stage .
The average ticket price has risen since 2019 from £116 ($142) to £140 ($172), it says, with the average top price for a ticket for a play jumping up by 38% to £114 ($140).
Cabaret – the award-winning reprise of Bob Fosse's extravaganza starring Eddie Redmayne and Jessie Buckley – is currently the highest-priced for a musical, with its top tier prices set at more than £300 ($368) – although its venue the Playhouse Theatre also makes a few £25 tickets available for every performance.
Lower-priced tickets have risen by just 3.3% in that same period, with prices of around £22 ($27).
Factors for the increased prices include inflation – around 12% in the UK – but also theatres including the Playhouse having to strip seats out to accommodate pandemic restrictions.
A spokeswoman for the Society of London Theatre told the BBC that top ticket prices change from year to year, plus they were often influenced "by a very small number of high-profile shows."
- The West End to Get a Smart Park, Illuminated Path to Victory Park
- Tick Tock for Tacolandia Tickets. Prices Increase This Friday.
- Officials ask to lower East River Ferry ticket prices when new routes launch
- Visit West End from your couch; Broadway cans hunger
- Why Calvin Harris shouldn’t be blamed for having higher ticket prices for men than women
- Jets not increasing season ticket prices next season while Giants raise prices 4 percent
- Like everything else, Packers ticket prices hostage to Aaron Rodgers' status
- Expect average concert ticket prices to go up at new Milwaukee Bucks arena, experts say
- Opportunities Rise In Tele-Home Medical Technology Market Growing At 21% a Year, New Report Shows
- A-Rod fans will have to shell out the big bucks as ticket prices for his final game surge 355%
- For the first time in 10 years, Blanton Museum of Art raises ticket prices
- 51s season ticket prices will increase at new park
- Las Vegas 51s season ticket prices will increase at new park
- Seahawks ticket prices are their lowest in years. Does that mean notorious 12s are quieting down?
- Long Island man suing Live Nation for falsely advertising ticket prices for concert at Jones Beach Theater
- Yankees ticket prices down 38% as Bombers return to the Bronx two games down in ALCS
- Titans see largest ticket price increase in NFL; eighth most-expensive ticket overall
- Kennedy Space Center raises ticket prices, but promises a new 'out-of-this-world announcement'
- Mike Francesa rips NFL and Roger Goodell for level of play, ticket prices and watching players ‘disrespect the flag’
- Betts House: The rock of the West End
London’s West End Ticket Prices See 21% Price Hike In Three Years: New Research have 427 words, post on deadline.com at June 25, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.