James Bay appeared on The Late Late Show to perform his recent song "One Life." Playing in front of a bright orange sun backdrop, Bay and his band can the aching tune, which charts the relationship of a couple.
Bay dropped "One Life" earlier this month along with a cinematic video for the track. It will appear on his forthcoming third LP, Leap , out July 8 via EMI Records/Republic Records. Bay wrote the song as a tribute to Lucy Smith, his longtime girlfriend and the mother of his daughter Ada.
"I'd never written from this perspective before," Bay explained of the song . "I'd never written from a place of such joy and positivity. Lucy and I first got together at 16 and have been together ever since. She's supported me since day one. From open mic nights, right through to my biggest shows. It's been one adventure after another, but now we're on the biggest one of all. Raising our beautiful daughter Ada."
"One Life" follows Bay's previous single "Give Me the Reason," released in March. That track was produced by Gabe Simon and co-written with Foy Vance.
Leap will be Bay's first album since Electric Light in 2018. More recently, he released "Chasing Stars," a collaboration with Marshmello and Alesso. He also contributed to the soundtrack for the TV series Trying, releasing "Funeral" with Maisie Peters. Bay will join the Lumineers on nine dates of their upcoming stadium tour this fall.
- James Corden Pays Tribute To London Terrorist Attack Victims: “I Felt A Really Long Way From Home”
- Sherwood creator pays tribute to miner victim’s family ‘Grateful for their bravery’
- Corrie and Brookside star James Caroll dies suddenly as devastated pals pay tribute
- X Factor star Tom Mann pays tribute after death of fiancee Danielle Hampson on wedding day
- Downton Abbey’s Joanne Froggatt pays tribute to Sherwood co-star
- Jim Seals dead: Seals and Crofts singer dies aged 80 as fans pay tribute
- Dragons’ Den stars Deborah Meaden, Peter Jones and Duncan Bannatyne pay tribute to ‘inspiring’ Hilary Devey following death aged 65
- Prince Philip: Northern Ireland pays tribute
- 'Had a great attitude' Sally Nugent pays tribute to Dragon's Den Hilary Devey after death
- The Boys' Victoria Neuman star pays tribute to newcomer 'Absolutely phenomenal'
- UK schoolboy, 6, dies in hotel swimming pool as heartbroken family pay tribute
- Soap star Jack Wagner seen for first time after son's death as loved ones pay tribute
- Dan Walker pays tribute to BBC Breakfast as he makes Channel 5 News debut
- Take That star Howard Donald left devastated at death of co-star as he pays tribute
- England vs New Zealand Lord's Test stopped after 23rd over to pay tribute to Shane Warne
- James Roby set to break Super League appearance record: Teammates, opponents and coaches pay tribute
- James Caroll dead: Brookside and Coronation Street star dies suddenly as friends pay tribute
- Hilary Devey’s heartbroken son pays tribute to 'shining light' Dragons' Den star
- Charles pays tribute to 'mummy' the Queen 'thank you for being there for us'
- Bob Saget’s opening act pays tribute to his comedy hero with a little help from Netflix
James Bay Pays Tribute to Love With ‘One Life’ on ‘Corden’ have 532 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at June 23, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.