The paper claims the actor is discussing a joint bid alongside Marc Boyan, who founded the international marketing firm Miroma Group . It emerged in October that Miroma had appointed bankers to explore an acquisition when the channel is officially made available.
Elba runs his own production company, Green Door Pictures, but has never owned a media business the size of Channel 4. He is best known for BBC drama Luther and HBO's The Wire , along with film roles in the likes of Beast of No Nation , Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom and several Marvel movies.
The British government is set on selling the state-owned Channel 4 to allow it to better compete in the digital era, though the controversial plan has been largely opposed by the industry and seen by many as an ideological deal that could wreak havoc on many small producers.
Bankers JP Morgan reportedly began fielding preliminary offers last month, with a figure as high as £2B ($2.5B) mooted, though the price named in The Sunday Times story today is in line with the £1B initially estimated by the government. Likely bidders from the industry include ITV, Comcast which owns Sky, Paramount which owns Channel 5, as well as Discovery and French company Vivendi.
Deadline has reached out to Elba's reps for comment. Miroma couldn't be contacted this morning.
- Black Powerlist 2020: Raheem Sterling joins Meghan Markle and Stormzy in top 100
- BBC in talks with Channel 4 to launch £500m bid for UKTV
- 24-hour Putin people: my week watching Kremlin ‘propaganda channel’ RT
- The daigou channel — how a handful of Chinese shoppers turned into a billion-dollar industry
- Britain's largest online pharmacy found advertising on Russian state 'propaganda' channel
- House of Fraser saved by Mike Ashley as Sports Direct buys chain for £90million cash
- Ex-EU commissioner Neelie Kroes failed to declare directorship of offshore firm
- Fast money: the battle against the high frequency traders
- The World’s Most Innovative Companies
- Big Tobacco Fights Back: How the Cigarette Kings Bought the Vaping Industry
- From Gemma Collins to Mark Wright, meet the biggest reality TV earners of 2019
- What is a no-deal Brexit? 21 ways you'd be affected if UK leaves EU with no deal
- The inside story of the Tory election scandal
- From Netflix to BritBox, which TV streaming service offers viewers the most for value
- How Trump walked into Putin’s web
- Russia's Double Game with Islamic Terror
- Marks & Spencer's profits plunge 17% with falling clothes sales to blame for 'challenging' period
- The Clegg catastrophe
- The New Entertainment Giants: Welcome to the Streaming-Industrial Complex
- Discovery to Acquire Scripps Networks for $14.6 Billion
Idris Elba ‘In Talks’ To Join Marketing Firm Miroma’s Estimated $1.2B Bid To Buy British Broadcaster Channel 4 have 447 words, post on deadline.com at June 27, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.