Eminem and Snoop Dogg have joined forces for a bicoastal new song, "From the D 2 the LBC." The fast-talking single arrived with a music video directed by James Larese, which switches between live footage of the rappers and an animated world where they transform into Bored Ape-looking avatars.
The rappers shout out their respective hometowns on the track, apparently putting to rest any territorial beef. "Put your doobies high if you reside in 213, let's see them blunts raised," they rap. "Whether you east side or west side of the 313, let's see them guns blaze."
The single follows Eminem and Snoop's collaboration earlier year at the Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show . The star-studded performance brought the pair together alongside Dr. Dre , Mary J. Blige, and Kendrick Lamar.
It's also Eminem's second new song this month: The rapper recently reimagined Elvis Presley 's "Jailhouse Rock" in the new soundtrack single from Baz Luhrmann's Elvis film. The song, "The King and I," mashes up Presley's iconic track with a modern beat and features a chorus from CeeLo Green. On the song, Eminem draws comparisons between himself and the King of Rock & Roll, referencing that they both get criticized for stealing Black music.
Snoop Dogg, meanwhile, released collaborative LP The Algorithm last fall. The 25-track compilation record featured numerous artists, including Usher, Dave East, Jadakiss, Fabolous, Mary J Blige, Ice Cube, E-40, Wiz Khalifa, and more. It also showcased a collaboration between Snoop, Ice Cube, E-40, and Too Short – also known as the supergroup Mt. Westmore.
- University of Kansas apologizes for Snoop Dogg’s performance
- Here's how Eminem's net worth built up to a reported $190 million in the span of 20 years
- Cardi B becomes first female rapper to ever earn Album Of The Year as she leads big winners at 2019 BET Awards
- The 20 richest celebrities in the world
- And the ‘Beats’ Goes On: Allen Hughes’ Intimate Portrait of Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine in HBO’s ‘The Defiant Ones’ [VIDEO]
- 13 celebrities who are rooting for the Rams to win Super Bowl LIII
- Dr. Dre versus Dr. Drai: Rap icon loses trademark battle to gynecologist
- How Instagram CEO Kevin Systrom Is Making Good On Facebook’s Billion-Dollar Bet
- You Decide: Has This Black Sports Journalist Proven He Is The Undefeated?
- What was your favorite music videos on YouTube of 2014?
- 15 times Martha Stewart got brutally honest about other celebrities and all of your favourite things
- 'The Voice' finale: How Chloe Kohanski won despite a big mistake by Miley Cyrus
- I polled 1,500 people about their best relationship advice -- and everyone said the same thing
- 19 tips and tricks to master Universal Orlando theme parks like a pro
- Inside Symphony's battle to break into a $28 billion market for Wall Street chat — and avoid becoming Bloomberg roadkill
- Inside the most Instagrammable place on Earth
Eminem, Snoop Dogg Team Up for Surprise Single ‘From the D 2 the LBC’ have 480 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at June 24, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.