Actor Mary Mara, best known for her roles in American shows like ER, Dexter, Criminal Minds and Law & Order , passed away on Sunday (June 26) at the age of 61. According to reports, the actress passed away due to drowning in Cape Vincent, New York.
The news was confirmed by the New York State Police in a report published on Monday (June 27). The report revealed that “Mara was discovered in the St. Lawrence River in Cape Vincent around 8:10 p.m. on Sunday by various officers.”
Variety report claimed the preliminary investigation suggested Mara died by drowning while swimming. The official cause of death will be determined after an autopsy, which will be performed at Jefferson County Medical Examiner’s Office.
The late actress’ representative released a statement to Variety and said that she was staying at the summer home of her sister Martha during the weekend. Dorfman added, “Mary was one of the finest actresses I ever met. I still remember seeing her onstage in 1992 in ‘Mad Forest’ off Broadway. She was electric, funny and a true individual. Everyone loved her. She will be missed.”
Mara born and raised in Syracuse, New York began her acting career in 1989 with TV movie The Preppie Murder, and went on to earn more than 80 screen credits. Apart from ER , she was also seen in shows like NYPD Blue, Ally McBeal, Farscape, Law and Order, The West Wing, Monk, Shameless, Ray Donovan, Dexter, Criminal Minds and many more.
Mara is survived by her stepdaughter Katie Mersola, sisters Martha Mara and Susan Dailey, nephew Christopher Dailey and brother-in-law Scott Dailey.
- Eddie Mekka dead at 69: Laverne & Shirley actor passes away as fans pay tribute to The Big Ragu
- Legendary Broadway Composer Stephen Sondheim Passes Away At 91: Tribute
- What Mary Can Teach Us About the Joy and Pain of Life
- The hurricane that's 12 months away
- Did Kim Kardashian pass the baby bar exam?
- REVEALED: The middle-class actress who let trans hate mob loose on JK Rowling - and once got an award from a Harry Potter star
- Inside dark minds of ‘cartel queens’ who marry drug lords at 18, plot prison breaks & flaunt golden guns on Instagram
- Two beaches, thousands of kilometres away, linked by fire and knives
- High on a hill, San Francisco calls to progressives — and criminals
- ‘We Need to Take Away Children,’ No Matter How Young, Justice Dept. Officials Said
- Trump Won’t Let America Go. Can Democrats Pry It Away?
- Don Phillips Dies: ‘Dazed and Confused’ & ‘Fast Times at Ridgemont High’ Casting Director, ‘Melvin and Howard’ Producer Was 80
- ‘Nightmare Alley’ Review: Guillermo del Toro Taps Bradley Cooper’s Dark Side in This Bravura Carnival Noir
- Haitian family members risked their lives to make it to Oakland. They ended up homeless
- Debbie Reynolds dead: What the Singin' In The Rain cast did after the classic musical film
- Chucky Season 2 Could Bring Back a Familiar Face
- Every Kirsten Dunst Role, Ranked
- Reactionary Prophet
- Youngkin tests activists' patience as he pushes abortion and guns aside
- A northern New Mexico judge's radical approach to addressing addiction: No jail time
Dexter And Criminal Minds Actress Mary Mara Passes Away have 531 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at June 28, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.