The new study conducted with the firm Talk Shoppe was summed up with the acronym RISE, short for relevance, intellectual, sensorial and emotional. It found that 86% of survey respondents said YouTube delivered relevant and intellectual programming, compared with results in the 73% to 79% range for other platforms. In terms of emotion, the number was 84%, edging social media at 80%. The lone category where YouTube did not come out No. 1 was in sensorial — aka the way programming looks and sounds — where it rated 72% and trailed streaming's 76%.
The stats were delivered as part of a breakfast hosted at the St. Regis Hotel. Tara Wolpert-Levy, VP of the Americas for YouTube, delivered remarks along with Andrew Robertson, CEO of ad agency BBDO, and prominent creator Mark Rober.
YouTube has shifted away from professionally produced content over the past couple of years, ending its foray into originals and sunsetting subscription outlet YouTube Red. Its constellation of creators , with hundreds of channels all boasting at least 1 million subscribers, is the strategic focus. The new research highlighted this newly refined positioning, with findings including one that respondents were 4.2 times more likely than the average to agree with the statement that "telling a good story" is more important than programming being "made by an established production company."
During a brief Q&A period with press, Wolpert-Levy was asked for updates on the company's plans for advertising on YouTube Shorts, the company's short-form outlet formed as a response to TikTok's surging popularity. She said an announcement would likely come by the end of the year, but indicated it is likely to follow the revenue-sharing model of YouTube in general.
YouTube's Brandcast pitch to advertisers, traditionally held during the NewFronts in early May, has shifted into the main upfront week and is set to unfold Tuesday night.
- From Jack Maynard to Zoella, PewDiePie and Jake Paul - the YouTubers who have fallen from grace
- How old is Jake Paul, who is his brother Logan and did the YouTuber drop the n-word?
- When does I’m A Celebrity 2017 start on Irish TV and who is in the line-up? Latest rumours on who is going to the jungle
- Who is Trisha Paytas? Celebrity Big Brother 2017 contestant who quit the house and YouTube vlogger
- The best TV packages for reality TV addicts, boxset bingers and Sport fans – which one is best for you?
- Strictly Come Dancing: AJ Pritchard 'dominates' as Saffron Barker 'loses confidence'
- Teen boy 'saved by cannabis' reveals how his mum's illegal drug-buying stopped him from dying
- Remembering 102 famous faces we've said goodbye to in 2017
- Walmart Beat Netflix and Amazon to Video on Demand But Still Lost
- 7 powerful brands making a visible difference in road safety
- When does I’m A Celebrity 2017 start and who’s in the line-up? Latest rumours on who is going to the jungle
- Who’s in the I’m A Celebrity 2017 line-up and when does it start? Latest rumours on who’s going into the jungle
- Spandau Ballet boast they’ll still be Gold without lead singer Tony Hadley – as they plan to carry on with new frontman
- Christmas adverts 2017 from John Lewis and Tesco to M&S and Debenhams – and where to watch the Sainsbury’s ad
- Most shocking Celebrity Big Brother moments ever - from Vanessa Feltz' meltdown to Kim Woodburn being hauled out by security
- Showbiz news: Fifth of British Netflix fans watch shows at work, survey finds
- Future Shock: Why Donald Trump might be from the future
YouTube Kicks Off Upfront Week With Research Asserting Its Bond With Viewers Is Tighter Than TV, Streaming Or Social Media have 607 words, post on deadline.com at May 20, 2022. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.